All of a sudden there are Roses! Buds are appearing, opening, and flowers tentatively peeping out. Last week there were none, but with a week of sunny days it seems that flowers are being coaxed to show themselves.
Dancing Queen is always one of the first. She sprawls over the front of my house, tapping on my window, going where she will. She has not much perfume but makes up for it by being gorgeous.
Of course dear Gertrude Jekyll isn't far behind and I wait in anticipation for the scent that will linger around her beautiful blooms.
Golden Gate, my late husband's all time favourite, is starting to show her pretty golden flowers, and the scent will be almost overpowering. She climbs high up the fence and I have to stretch to get a photo.
I do wish I had enough space for a new rose, or even more than one!
13 comments:
Beautiful!
How lovely 🌹🌹🌹
Your roses are making me happy this morning, Barbara. I'm so glad you posted them. Loved seeing your husband's favourite. Special thoughts in that.
I am sad to report that our Miss Peace Rose has died - it didn't survive this last winter. It made us feel sad, but all things do have their time and season. It's a beautiful day here - no smell or sighting of smoke or hot weather. It's a perfect spring day, and I'm relishing it. Sending love...Bren xo
Your roses are so lovely. I so admire the tea roses ( I believe that's what they're called?) but have no luck with them. I have many Rugosas though and a couple of Floribundas that I find more resistant to Blackspot which the main problem here.
The roses are so beautiful! They must bring you a great deal of cheer and happiness! God bless you!
Oh lovely the scent of roses is so special ❤️ blessings and Gods comfort to you
Glorious! And we have our first of our peonies opening up today...a bit early but still appreciated.
Beautiful!
My roses are starting to bloom, and so are my peonies!
I'm always amazed at how beautiful your flowers are!
Barbara, your blog post about the blooming roses is so lovely! I can feel your excitement as those buds transform into beautiful flowers. Dancing Queen sounds like a free-spirited rose, gracing your house with its charm. And Gertrude Jekyll, I can almost smell the wonderful fragrance surrounding her stunning blooms. Golden Gate must be a sight to behold, reaching high on the fence. I wish I had more space for new roses too! Your garden is a true delight. Keep enjoying those gorgeous blooms!
Liefs,
Aritha
PS No sign of any roses here yet. I've got some cute little white ones and yellow (vanilla yellow) climbing roses. So, I have to wait, wait, wait...
Really lovely!
I bought four new roses in the early autumn: Queen Elizabeth, Peace, For Your Eyes Only and Golden Showers.
None are in bloom yet but they all look good and healthy and my excitement is growing! Sadly, my previous purchases were eaten by the deer ( Gertrude Jekyll being one of those and oh I cried!) but we’ve since moved house and there’s no way the deer can get into this new garden!
You have a lovely blog! 😁
I would cry if deer ate any of my roses, but especially Gertrude.
Sadly your blog does not allow reply comments, Sal.
Beautful roses. I'm still waiting for mine to start flowering x
Post a Comment