It's a joy to be able to go into the garden and pick a handful of roses. I counted my list yesterday and find that I have twenty one different varieties in this not very large garden.
Princess Anne is at the front, as of course she should be, with Dancing Queen to the right and the lovely red Tess of the D'urbervilles on the left.
Lady's Mantle makes a soft complement with her frothy greeny yellow flowers.
The scent is permeating my whole sitting room.
On its own is a head of Pullman Orient Express, a rose that I brought back from France.
It's extraordinary, as every flower is slightly different in colour, sometimes being a pale yellow with pink tinges, but other times it glows like a sunset!
'Of all flowers, methinks a rose is best'
William Shakespeare
20 comments:
So beautiful - I love the ones which have a good perfume, whatever the colour
Love the roses. It's so sad that most, maybe all, hybrid roses don't have any aroma. That's what I loved the most about them.
Beautiful roses. Here we had heavy rain and storm and we have hardly any roses left
Elizabeth,
These flowers are beautiful!
Oh, I wish I could smell your roses, Barbara. They look exquisite. How lovely to have them so scented that they fill your whole room. LOVELY!
21 different varieties of Roses!! That's impressive in any garden no matter what the size. I'd love to walk around and see and smell them.
Yes , the roses are fabulous this year ! 💐🌿
Beautiful! And the Alchemilla really knows how to play its part!
you really are Queen of the Roses! your collection is wonderful and your knowledge extensive. I have a salmon coloured blousy looking rose in the garden, I don't know its name but when it flowers it only lasts a couple of days, just a few days of beauty but the scent fills the garden and it gives me pleasure. Betty (Elderberry-rob)
Love them all, how heavenly!
Fragrant and lovely roses! You have so many varieties. I am glad you are enjoying them so much.
that's really beautiful! I am so glad! the scent of a rose is a delight!!!
Gorgeous!!
I love roses! Yours are gorgeous!
I can only imagine the lovely scent! Beautiful.
Your garden must be a beautiful place to wander just now with twenty-one rosebushes. They are such wonderful flowers, and I love clipping bouquets of them.
My goodness, so many roses to chose from. The loveliness of your garden would definitely be something to see.
God bless.
Twenty one different roses blooming in your garden, oh it must be a delight for the eyes and nose. Your bouquets are so lovely. I love this time of the year when gardens are thriving.
Wow, wwwwwwwhat beautiful. I love the photos.
My dad used to grow gorgeous roses and we always had large bouquets throughout the house. Our roses are the kind that bloom and are small and not really the kind to cut and bring in the house. I do miss them!! Beautiful photos
Post a Comment