Spring, I think, is making little appearances in the garden. There are small patches of colour emerging.
Little crowds of my favourite Daffodil are mingling with crocus and primroses (and sadly, weeds)
It's just been too wet to weed the garden properly without chunks of muddy roots coming out.
This is my favourite camellia with her splashy pink and white petals.
The roses are putting out new shoots. Some still need cutting back--it's time, according to Monty Don. This one is a small flowered creamy climber which has been taken by cuttings to every house I have lived in since about 1980!
But now, I have a big problem. The shrubs in the centre of a hedge died back, and couldn't be rescued. So I have a hole. What to put there to replace them?
It needs to be evergreen and fast growing. Off to the Nursery Garden this week for some ideas.
13 comments:
What about a white camellia? They do seem to do well in Cornwall.
,
I also have gaps, big ones, along the back border, due to excessive use of some sort of weedkiller by my neighbour. He used it in an attempt to kill nettles and brambles but I have lost forsythia, a deep purple buddleia, a blue lace hydrangea and a red/purple fuchsia, along with smaller plants.
They need replacing for privacy but how long will the weedkiller stay in that soil, I wonder? So angry but what can be done.
Oooo...your garden is looking so pretty already. A breath of spring. Thank you!
I loved the camellias when I visited Cornwall. Lovely to see them!
Your garden is looking great. I am so envious as we are still under about 8" of snow.
God bless.
How beautiful your early flowers are! Although we don't have snow it's chilly and the daffodils and tulips are growing very slowly. The Camellia is such a pretty colour 💗💗
A winter jasmine would look good there.
I love the combination of purples and lemons in the garden especially at this time of year. Your plants are looking lovely.
I have cut back my roses and they are already starting to regrow for the new year. I'm hoping for lots of blooms later in the year.
If you ask at the garden centre there maybe someone who could best advise you on any new plants as they will have a better idea of your area. Have a good week x
Barbara
Your garden is already looking lovely! I'm dreaming of mine. It seems our spring weather will be early this year and that is a happy thing!
Beautiful 😍 ❤️
Dear Barbara, how pretty your garden is with patches of colour here and there. Little blooms are beginning to show here, too, and what a tonic they are. Another camellia would be my first suggestion for your blank spot, but going to a nursery will certainly give you lots of ideas.
What a lovely garden. The spring flowers are a real splash of colour :) And I rather fancy that camelia.
Until yesterday, I would have said that we had no color yet in our yard. But then I noticed that our quince bush has a smattering of beautiful pink blooms and it is making me excited for spring!
I know you are going to pick something fabulous (possibly blue?!) and very hard working for that empty patch of fence. Myself I would choose something scented.
Post a Comment