Sunday, 4 February 2024

Weekend bits.

If you look carefully, you can see the beginnings of my Snowdrop ring just emerging. It's always a joy when those tiny white heads appear. I planted them around the base of a cherry tree about five years ago, and every year I wait!



 Inspired by a recent post of Lorrie's, I picked a few heads of Hellebores to bring in, They won't last very long, but are so pretty. The little stem of Daphne gives out an amazing scent.

12 comments:

Angela said...

The hellebores are beautiful, and snowdrops are always a joy

Chris said...

Aren't snowdrops so pretty, I'm delighted my newest ones are flowering, hope they survive the summer heat!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Helebore is quite stunning! I love snowdrops, I planted some and live in hope :)

Lorrie said...

A snowdrop ring sounds perfectly charming! Lovely hellebores, and the daphne would be so fragrant.

Granny Marigold said...

Snowdrops don't thrive in my garden but a few survive and are all the more precious because they're so few. My hellebores are so late this year. They normally would be blooming now but this year they're hardly 6" high. Yours is lovely. It's nice to bring them in and put them up so their faces are visible.

Poppypatchwork said...

Hellebores and snowdrops are the start to the growing year, giving so much hope for the warmer longer days to arrive.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Wonderful to see the snowdrops popping up now. The hellebores are lovely too with the sprig of daphne.
Have a good week x

Deanna Rabe said...

I've definitely fallen for Hellebore's since watching Gardener's World! I really want to add some to my garden this year!

Jackie said...

What lovely flowers. I am not sure what Hellebores are called here across the pond.

God bless.

Anne Payne said...

The Lenten Roses are beautiful!!! I had some lovely cream colored ones in Virginia. I may have to look into getting some for my flower garden here in NC. Hope you are well, my friend. I'm recovering from the flu, or oxalate dumping. Either way, God is good and has sent some glorious sunshine our way after a week of cold and rain. Love you and think of you often. xx

ellen b. said...

What fun it must be to see these sweet beauties pop up each year. Happy February to you!

Alex said...

Hello Barbara! How encouraging it is to see these beauties! A ring of snowdrops - what a good idea! I can't help feeling that tiny ethereal beings might dance in the middle when you are not looking!
I have been busy with the move - we are back at our rental cleaning like mad for now. x

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...