Tuesday, 26 March 2024

Carpets of primroses


 Some of the beautiful areas in Penmount Crematorium/Garden of Remembrance grounds. No planting is allowed, only Nature's loveliness. In a few weeks this will be a mass of bluebells.


14 comments:

Angela said...

How lovely...

Sandi said...

So inviting! I want to kick off my shoes and stroll through it.

Latane Barton said...

That's such a serene place. Quite lovely and peaceful.

Granny Marigold said...

What a lovely place with the primroses obviously happy there.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!
Jo

Lorrie said...

This looks like a beautiful place, Barbara. I would love, one day, to walk in an English
Bluebell wood. Meanwhile, the primroses are lovely.

Kirstenm said...

I love the idea of only natural plants. So very pretty and peaceful

Elderberry-Rob said...

Lovely primroses, I have a small patch on my allotment, they really brighten up this grey, wet weather. Betty

doodles n daydreams said...

The primroses are lovely and like Lorrie, I would also one day love to walk in he bluebell woods.

ellen b. said...

It is always a treat to see flowers pop up in the wild!

Connie said...

What lovely flowers . . . I live in a desert area, so wildflowers are not so massive around here. Although; when we have a rainy spring there are flowers throughout the landscape. Because it is so dry most of the time, when we do have wildflowers, they become the home to many an insect, not good for bouquets.
It would be lovely to walk through that area and enjoy the pretty blankets of flowers. Thanks for sharing. :)

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

To see carpets of primroses and bluebells and other wonderful wildflowers. We are still shoveling snow and we'll never see carpets of primroses around where I live, but I'm loving seeing your photos, Barbara. So happy you shared. xo

Catherine said...

Very nice and I also love wild bluebells so beautiful colour

Becki said...

I can't describe how delighted I am that this conservatory/garden only has plants that spring up naturally. What a lovely place to visit.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...