Thank you for all your lovely Birthday wishes. It was a very happy weekend, with family and friends visiting.
Now back to the garden, and my Tomatoes are just beginning to ripen.
I picked the first few this week. The crop is not nearly as good as in previous years, and I don't know why. They have been lovingly fed, watered, talked to, but the trusses are sparse and unlike previous years I shall have much fewer tomatoes.
I'm taking a break for a while, being busy processing tomatoes and making sauce, but will still read your posts, just won't be writing anything for the moment.
12 comments:
My tomatoes are just producing, I have 3 plants and 2 looks about to die, it has been a bad year so far.
Our DIL brought tomatoes from their garden last week. They were so fresh and tasty not like store bought. Enjoy your beauties!
Very poor year for tomatoes - I'm putting it down to lack of pollinators and the weather
I am only getting a few tomatoes at a time. I hope to get other garden produce processed before the tomatoes arrive in great amounts.
God bless.
My tomatoes are very late this year, but one big fat one was ripening nicely. I was horrified to wake up one morning and discover that an animal - raccoon or squirrel, perhaps, had eaten most of it! Grrrr! There are plenty of green tomatoes to ripen yet, and I hope the critters won't get them. Enjoy those beautiful tomatoes of yours.
I had heard that tomatoes were having a bad time of it this year. I do love me a good homegrown tomato.
Freshly grown is the best! I love them! Enjoy!
Fresh off the vine is the best!
When I started mixing sand into my tomatoes, they did great. I get a few bucket loads from our granddaughter's land.
hugs
Donna
My tomato crop is not that good this year either. I'm starting to get a few and hopefully I'll have enough to "can" or as you would say "bottle" some up for winter.
It's wonderful to be able to put up your tomatoes! Happy belated birthday to you! I'm glad you had such a wonderful celebration!
I love fresh tomatoes right off the vine - YUMMY! A late Happy Birthday to you♥
Post a Comment