These Hydrangeas were once a beautiful blue. Autumn came and changed them into this dark red.
It never ceases to surprise and sadden me slightly. Seasons come and go so quickly these days.
I'm going to dry some to use in a Christmas wreath.
Here's a very late rose, photographed with accompanying view of damp garden. She makes me smile.
The garden is creeping towards its end now. Roses have been cut back, perennials are finished for another year, and its time to order my Spring bulbs, Tulips and Narcissi.
And then it will be Spring!
15 comments:
Your hydrangeas are lovely in their autumn colours - they'll be perfect in a winter bouquet. I know what you mean when you says the seasons come and go so quickly these days - they sure do fly. We still have a lot of green around here - we've had no frost yet to speak of but the days and nights are cooling. Wishing you a beautiful autumn, Barbara. And just a note that, yes, of course you are welcome to join in the anthology give away on my blog next week, UK addresses are included. :)
A wreath using the beautifully faded blooms will look amazing. Sometimes I think the aging Hydrangeas look even nicer than the original colour.
They really do go so quickly! My Grandma's favourite months are May and June!
Oh your hydrangea, Barbara! So beautiful!
Your hydrangea are spectacular. There was someone living near me who had similar and cut them back - she gave me some one year and they made the most beautiful wreath, unfortunately she moved and the new owners don't cut them back! They hold their colour well. My roses have had a sudden burst of energy and produced a second bloom :) do you buy your bulbs every year? I always hope mine will return but most don't, I think I plant them too deep. Betty
I love to see the garden as the seasons are changing. Your flowers are so pretty. That rose is lovely!
I buy a few new ones every year and keep them after they have flowered for another year.
Such lovely colours on your hydrangea flowers as they change with the season.
For a while they will rest before new growth begins again in the Spring. And thus the cycle of life continues.
That deep pink colour is so pretty. It always surprises me, too, to see the hydrangeas change colour so dramatically. The last roses are blooming here, too. I'll be cutting them back in a week or two.
Your hydrangea bush is lovely. It's always so interesting how they can change color because of different types of soil. We left Scotland yesterday and are back in the states. Time to start catching up! Cheers!
Pretty roses! I also have the last ones in the garden . I have cut the hydrangeas and dried them some are keeping their blue colour and some are fading, but I decided to make different bunches in the house.
I truly love the autumn colors as much as the summer colors of hydrangeas! And, oh yes, the seasons change so quickly these days! I'd love to hang onto fall a bit longer . . .
What a beautiful rose, this yellow with red.
I brought tulip bulbs with me from vacation that I'll put in the ground in October... it will be nice when they bloom in spring and make me think of England...
I wish you a wonderful autumn with its great colors.
Viola sends you a warm greeting
Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers because they are so beautiful no matter the season. We've been having a lovely autumn, but I know winter is just around the corner.
Hmmm, now I am thinking of drying hydrangeas.
God bless.
Post a Comment