Last year I made the mistake of leaving Geraniums in the Greenhouse over Winter. Cornwall doesn't often get severe frosts, but there were a couple. I lost quite a few lovely plants, so this year I have brought them into the Conservatory, where they will have light and warmth.
The pale pink one above, not showing very pink in the photo, is a beauty. She is dainty, delicate and flowers profusely when she is happy.
There is a scented Pelargonium, which has a lemony/minty scent. Next to it is a deep carmine one which makes a statement when in full flower.
Then there is Stripey. I never know what will appear with this one. The petals are striped pink and red, and sometimes I have a completely red one. I have taken so many cuttings for friends.
The white one, which you can just see below, is precious, as it grew from a cutting taken by my husband from a plant in France. I would have been sad to have lost it.
Cuttings are happy to be in the warmth. I am always being begged for little plants!
I hope this year that I shan't lose any. They are such a joy in the Summer.
August flowering.
16 comments:
Stripey is so pretty! Smart move to save your plants for future enjoyment. Happy day to you!
They are all beautiful especially that first one, absolutely gorgeous, mine are in the garage, but lost a few in the summer, don't know what happened to them.
Beautiful!
They are gorgeous! Mine are rather straggly, but I've seen a few place where I could cut a bit off to make cuttings. Hopefully that will improve the mother plant as well.
I keep mine in a cold greenhouse here in South Hampshire, they thrive each year.
You take such excellent care of them! They are beautiful!
I like geraniums but here they stay outside year round.
So beautiful
All your geraniums are lovely but that first one, the pink one, has my heart๐.
I am so impressed that you are able to keep your geraniums from year to year! (Non-gardener here. ๐๐ป♀️) They are lovely, Barbara!
They are beautiful especially the pink one.
So, so, so pretty! I love geraniums. I'm glad you'll be able to smell them for a good while! xo
I have taken some cuttings of my geraniums. I dug them up from the garden and will cover them with fleece in the greenhouse. If it get very cold they can come into the greenhouse. You have some lovely varieties so I do hope they make it through to next year.
Good thinking to put your lovely plants in the conservatory over winter. It would be very sad to lose them due to frost.
Such a lovely collection, I hope your cuttings do well, I have a lemon geranium I bring in during winter and it keeps on going but doesn't flower, it smells wonderful.
You have such a pretty collection of geraniums. I like the pale pink one. I've never had much luck with them. Putting them into a conservatory over winter is a good idea.
Post a Comment