Thursday, 23 January 2025

God's beauty

 Still doing my hedgehog impersonation, I sat (with furry throw) and read a few Blog posts. One was Kirsten's from A letter from Home, and one of her sentences made me think.....

'Perhaps I should sit still for a bit so that God's beauty and love can catch up with me'.

Apart from an unscheduled night in Hospital, I have been sitting still for days now! I love to read, so that's not a chore, but needed to do something else, so decided to order some seeds for the Summer planting. Sarah Raven had a very good offer and her catalogue is always lovely to gaze through.

Sweet peas are the loveliest of flowers, God's beauty shines through their many different colours.

This is Miss Wilmot, and below is Midnight Blues.


I ordered white ones as well. I think they will look very lovely together, climbing up a trellis.

Thank you Kirsten, I needed that reminder



17 comments:

Gill said...

Thank you for the reminder about Sarah Raven's beautiful catalogue. We moved house in October and although the post has been re-directed, I'm not sure if I will get one, so my next job is to request one. Hope you are soon feeling 100% again. Hugs Xx

Lorrie said...

What a beautiful line from your friend's blog. It reminds me of the Psalmist who said, "be still and know that I am God." Our world is not often still.
How lovely to think of your garden as you recuperate. Sweet peas are such wonderful bloomers, and the ones you've shown are so pretty.
I hope you continue to feel stronger each day.

Sal said...

The Sweet Pea seeds are the seeds that I always buy first when I’m doing my seed order. You can’t beat the beautiful blooms and you can’t beat the scent!

Visits With Mary said...

I love the sentence from Kirsten, so very true. Thanks for sharing.♥

Angela said...

Rest in the Lord...♥️

KirstenM said...

Sometimes an enforced rest can be a blessing... except when one wants to be 'up and doing'! I love the Sarah raven catalogue; your post has reminded me to look out for it. I'm going to give sweet peas another try, fingers crossed for this year.

Sandi said...

'Perhaps I should sit still for a bit so that God's beauty and love can catch up with me'.

That is a good idea!

ellen b. said...

Good to hear from you and that you are cozy in your recuperation. Sweet Peas are such a delight! I'll click over to Kirsten's blog now.

Jackie said...

My mom planted sweet peas all the time. Thanks so much for the memory of her garden.

God bless.

doodles n daydreams said...

Sweet peas, lovely to look at and full of fragrance as well.😃

Granny Marigold said...

As you recuperate and spend time dreaming of Spring I hope you feel encouraged. Sweet Peas are wonderful and I love the colours you chose.

Terri said...

Love that quote! I hope you are feeling better today, Barbara!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Loved that lined from Kirsten's blog. And nothing nicer than thinking about flowers in your garden as you recuperate. I do love sweet peas for their scent, their colours, their almost luminous presence in a garden. They are such wonderful bloomers. I hope you are feeling stronger every day, Barbara. Heart hugs!

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for your return to good health.
You have convinced me to perhaps try to grow some sweet peas!
Jo

Catherine said...

I am also starting inside, lots of flooding in Brittany and Normandy and also lots of people suffering from flu . I hope you’ll feel better soon.
I love sweet peas they have such a nice perfume.

Deanna Rabe said...

I've never grown sweet peas but I do like them. Maybe I should try growing some this year.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

A wonderful and thoughtful word from Kirsten to share. Sweet peas are a beautiful flower and I shall be growing some here later in the year.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...