Monday, 13 January 2025

Orchid

 


Here's my orchid for you. It's five years old, and blooms profusely every year. I dont do anything to it apart from a little bit of water every week and the occasional feed. It sits happily on my kitchen windowsill, and gives me enormous pleasure.

Thank you all for your very kind messages and comments. Unfortunately the pneumonia infection is taking its time to leave me, and I'm on a second round of antibiotics. So I'm doing very little. I am so fortunate to have lovely neighbours who will shop for me, and my daughter and son visit regularly.

I'm like a hedgehog, hibernating by the fire, covered in a big furry throw.

20 comments:

Sandi said...

🤍

Frugally challenged said...

Get yourself as healthy as that orchid. Soon

bunw1125@gmail.com said...

Drink lots of water while you are on antibiotics for pneumonia. Hope you feel better soon!

Rambler said...

Hi Barbara. So sorry that the pneumonia is taking time to leave your system. Hopefully the 2nd round of antibiotics will do the trick. In the meantime, keep hibernating, keep warm and be glad to know that you have good neighbours as well as family. Love and best wishes - Rosemary xx

Donna said...

Oh noo...We've been ill with the flu and I haven't been on the blog...I've had pneumonia, and it was rough! Take good care of yourself...be faithful and take all the antibiotics and drink tons of water or hot tea to flush out those bad germs!!
hugs
Donna

KirstenM said...

Hibernating in the warm sounds a good plan while you are unwell. Glad the orchid is able to keep you company and you're getting lots of help.

R's Rue said...

Praying.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

elizabeth said...

Oh thx for orchid information 🫂 I am sorry for the pneumonia you need a lot of rest. It's very debilitating 🫂🫂🫂🙏🫂🫂🫂🫂

Angela said...

Sending love and prayers for your speedy recovery

ellen b. said...

It is good to read that you are being watched over and cared for while you recover. I hope the 2nd dose of antibiotics does the trick. Prayers for your healing.

Jackie said...

Keep taking those antibiotics. I do hope you feel better soon. Your orchid is lovely.

God bless.

doodles n daydreams said...

Hibernating like a hedgehog sounds like a good plan. Your orchid is beautiful :)

Granny Marigold said...

Your orchid looks amazing. Hopefully you soon will be feeling better. How lovely that you have people around that are helping you.

Aritha V. said...

What a beautiful, beautiful orchid. I hope you feel better soon. Prayed for you.

Deanna Rabe said...

Hopefully this new antibiotic will take care of your pneumonia! I'm sorry you're sick. Stay warm and rest. You have a lovely orchid to bring beauty while you recover!

Cheryl said...

i love the word picture of you as a cozy little hibernating hedgehog! However, I am sorry that the pneumonia is hanging on! Praying that you are well again soon!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Stay warm and cosy and get well soon. God bless x

Catherine said...

Your orchid is beautiful . Hope you are feeling better.

Lorrie said...

While you're sitting cozy by the fire, I hope you can see your beautiful orchid. It certainly deserves to be admired. Soon, I hope, you will be on the mend.

Terri said...

Praying for you, Barbara!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...