Friday, 5 September 2025

The 'little break'.

 A 'little break' turned into quite a lengthy break, mainly due to inflamed eyelids (Blepharitis). Even the name sounds vile.So the dark glasses have played a big part in life, as have countless sessions with eye drops.

I have been busy processing the hundreds of windfall apples (Bramleys, I think) that fall from my tree every day.


They have been sliced, stewed frozen  and made into Apple jelly, which is delicious.

I'm being taken to Brittany next week, by friends who have a cottage there. It's thirteen years since I was in France and it will be wonderful to catch up with some old friends, and maybe going to see my old house. I'm interested to see how the garden that I planted from a field, has developed.

This was taken the year before we left France.


I may not have much access to technology while I'm away. , but will be back later in September.


16 comments:

Catherine said...

Hope the strikes won’t affect your travel.
Your garden was beautiful.
Have a nice time in Brittany such a nice place!

Poppypatchwork said...

You are brave to want to see your old garden, it's beautiful in your photo, I would be scared they have ruined it.

KirstenM said...

I'm sorry you have had that horrible eye condition. I hope you have a lovely holiday to complete your recovery.

Angela said...

I hope your eyes and feel more comfortable soon. So pleased you have the opportunity to return to France. Praying you have a wonderful time, filled with good memories ❤️🙏

Granny Marigold said...

I hope it does work out for you to visit your old house and pretty garden.
Sorry about the inflamed eyelids. That sounds unpleasant and painful too.

Terri said...

I'm sorry to hear about your eyes and hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your time away!

Lorrie said...

Have a wonderful time in Brittany and I do hope you can visit your former garden. Hopefully, your eyes will continue to improve.

ellen b. said...

Your garden in Brittany looks so lush! Love it. I hope you have a wonderful time!

ellen b. said...

I hit publish too fast. Sorry to hear about your eye condition!

Barwitzki said...

It'll be wonderful for you in France.
I wish you lots of joy and fun.
And I look forward to hearing about it.
P.S. Fortunately, we also have a fantastic harvest this year; it's a joy to process the fruit... yes, it's hard work... but the result is simply fabulous.
A hug for you.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Enjoy your time in Brittany and catching up with friends and I hope you get a chance to see your old home and garden.
It looks like you have had a really good apple harvest this year and plenty of fruit to enjoy later in the year. Happy September to you.

Daisy Debs said...

Hello Elizabeth , sorry you have this eye problem . I have had this in the past , it should soon clear up . Have a lovely time in France dear friend 💐x

Cheryl said...

So happy that you're able to have a foray into France . . . revisiting old friends, places, and memories! Blessings on your trip! I hope that the blepharitis has cleared up. I had a bout with that a couple of years ago and it is miserable.

Alex said...

It will be lovely for you to go back to Brittany. Such a pretty glimpse of your former garden! Hope your eyes heal up fully ~ that sounded very sore!

Jackie said...

You have a wonderful holiday. Enjoy.

God bless.

Connie said...

Oh, I hope that your trip will be wonderful in every way. How nice to be taking a holiday. I'll be praying that your eyes heal and you'll be able to toss those dark glasses.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...