Wednesday, 29 October 2025

Home

 

Here I am, quietly delighting in the peace of Home. As the surgeon predicted, the pain levels are receding. I have a little help in the mornings, but have my trusty crutches and a walking frame to help me.

Looking out at the garden I'm happy to see the red leaves on the Cherry tree haven't yet fallen, though it won't be long. There are lovely splashes of colour from groups of pink Kaffir Lillies which have found their own spaces in the beds. There is even a rose or two in flower.

I can't drive for 6 weeks but have lovely friends who pick up things if I need anything.

Onward.

20 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Brilliant news, there is no place like home, take care and don't rush to be mobile too quickly.

Terri said...

Very thankful you are home and on the mend!

Mrs. White said...

I am delighted to hear you are home and doing well. It's so nice to hear of your observations of the garden and the joy it brings you!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Good to hear you are home again. Slow and steady now

16 blessings'mom said...

I'm wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery. I'm scheduling to have one done next week, spending one night in the hospital, then home...I do not feel prepared...any words of wisdom?

ellen b. said...

What a blessing to have kind friends who will care for you. Welcome home and may the healing continue and strength return!

elizabeth said...

So glad 🩷

Lorrie said...

This is wonderful news! I'm so glad you're being well cared for. Continuing to pray for healing and strength. It all takes time and patience.

Latane Barton said...

My prayers for your continuing recovery. Home is a healing place in both our hearts and our bodies.

Elderberry-Rob said...

So pleased to see that you are home and on the mend x Betty

Jackie said...

I am so glad that you are back in your home. You will heal so much better there. Just take it easy.

God bless.

Cheryl said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are back at home because that means that you're continuing to improve! I will bet that home was a welcome sight! Good that the cherry leaves waited for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear improvements progressing as they should! Still praying!
Jo

Granny Marigold said...

Best wishes for continued healing. At times like this it's extra lovely to have friends that help.

Pom Pom said...

Praying your recovery is swift.

Daisy Debs said...

Continuing in my prayers for your healing 🙏🏻🕊️💐

KirstenM said...

I'm glad the post-op pain is reducing. Take care, I pray your recovery continues well

Deanna Rabe said...

Being able to go home is such great progress! Welcome home. There is no place like it for comfort, as Jane Austen would say.

VisitsWithMary said...

Good to hear you're doing well after your surgery. Home is the best place to be for a great recovery. Just be careful and go slowly. ONWARD!

Sandi said...

Get well soon! 🌹

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...