Tuesday, 21 October 2025

Onwards

For a few days following a knee replacement operation, I'm staying in a very comfortable 'Assisted Living Residence'.




It is lovely not to have to think about making meals, and the Care here is kindly and compassionate. I will be home next week, on my own but with some help at times.

Walking is improving though I'm not running any races yet.

21 comments:

KirstenM said...

That looks like a very comfortable Country House Hotel! What a good idea to have a week there to start your recovery. Hope it all goes well.

Lorrie said...

What a good idea for a place to stay. I've been thinking about you and wondering how it is going for you. Good to hear. Will keep you in my prayers.

Jackie said...

I have been wondering how things are going. Glad that you are getting along very well and having a place to stay and be looked after for awhile is a great idea.

God bless.

Sandi said...

It looks very nice. How do you feel?

Mrs. White said...

It is so good to hear you are doing well and that you are being cared for in such a beautiful place!

Cheryl said...

So glad that your recovery is going well, and that you are being well taken care of in your temporary home! May you continue to improve!

Pom Pom said...

Praying for you! You're going to be spry as can be in a short time. I'm glad the assisted living facility is helpful and the staff are kind.

Frugally challenged said...

Great to hear you are doing so well! I still don't run races but neither do I have the pain of a knee awaiting replacement! Look after yourself and let others look after you.

Sue in Suffolk said...

What a good thing that care centre is for you, it would be impossible to recover well on your own. Keep moving - gently!

Marleen said...

Dear Elizabeth, so glad to hear you are well. Good for you to let someone else take of you for a change. I still cherish the Easter bag you send me, oh I guess, over ten years ago now! Lots of love, Marleen (the Netherlands)

Poppypatchwork said...

great news to hear you are having good care.

Angela said...

Good to know the opportunity is done and you are being well cared for in convalescence

Terri said...

Thankful that you are being well cared for in a beautiful facility!

elizabeth said...

I am so glad! What a blessing to have a place like this to regain strength and mobility! May your surgery be successful and your walking better than pre surgery 🙏

Granny Marigold said...

It's very good news that your surgery is done and you are being cared for as you recover. The week in the assisted living must be so appreciated as will any help you get once you are back in your own home.

Tracy said...

Hope the healing is going well . Glad you have somewhere nice to recuperate.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I wish you good health and happiness 😊 Looks like a lovely place. Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada ❤️ 🇨🇦

ellen b. said...

It is good to hear from you and especially that things are going well. That does look like a nice place to recuperate.

Catherine said...

It is a nice place I hope you recuperate soon. I hope it was not too hard for you.
See you soon back.

Elderberry-Rob said...

how lovely to be in a room bathed in pink! I imagine it lifts the spirits and am so glad you are there and enjoying some care and nourishment. Take care. Betty

Barwitzki said...

It's wonderful to get help when you need it. And it's great that you can enjoy this, dear Elizabeth. I wish you continued improvement and the best possible results. It will be challenging, but it will be alright.
A hug for you.
Viola

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...