Monday, 29 December 2025

 A new year.

 I cant wait to get out of 2025 and into a different. and hopefully better, year. This one started with pneumonia, continued with cataract operation, followed swiftly by knee replacement. And it feels as though it's all been a bit too much.

There were however, some lovely moments, a trip to Austria


and another visit to France, the first time since we left thirteen years ago.


A Summer full of garden delights went a long way to make up for not being able to drive. My roses were prolific and have flowered through Autumn. The old apple tree put out the best crop ever, Apple jelly was made and enjoyed. There were gatherings and garden lunches with family and close friends. 

The year, like the Curate's egg, has been 'good in parts', and I'm thankful for that.

Stepping forward now.

*********

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow,

Albert Einstein.




8 comments:

Angela said...

You have had a very mixed year, as you say - but my prayer is that you will step confidently into the year ahead, ever faithful, always trusting - may your days be full of love, joy, peace and laughter ❤️

KirstenM said...

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.... and to think I was more than 30 before I learned this hymn! (Brought up on A&M and The English Hymnal!). Some years are like that... too full of 'Events' for inner peace. Hello 2026...!

Latane Barton said...

hopefully the coming year will be pain-free and very joyful. I wish that for you.

elizabeth said...

We really have difficult times in life but also blessed moments! God be with you 🙏🕯️🫂

Connie said...

I love the fact that you are so positive. I know last year was very hard and hopefully you'll have a year full of good health where you can get outside and enjoy life to the abundance. God bless you and happy New Year 🥰

ellen b. said...

May 2026 find you with peace and joy and lots of good things!

Cheryl said...

You faced some big challenges this year, Barbara. Life is sunshine and shadow all along the way, isn't it? May our Lord continue to direct your path in this New Year!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Wishing you a beautiful and healthier 2026, Barbara.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...