It seems to be the time for Catalogues. Coming through my letter box with almost daily regularity are many and varied offerings.
Would I like lovely things for my garden? Plants, seeds, beautiful furniture? Definitely!
What about a new outfit or three? Get out of Winter clothing and splash out on lovely Spring clothes!
Why not book a holiday? And look, we're giving you 10% off, (if you book by this weekend) Special deals to Safari parks, Disney world, Cruises. No thank you.
Food boxes, meal deals, roof cleaning, et al, and that's not to mention the normal Charity appeals that regularly appear.
I do enjoy browsing through brochures, paricularly of the Garden variety. I remember my mother saying, as she leafed through Vogue, gazing at very expensive clothing, 'I get ideas from just looking'.
***********
Jus appeared in my garden, the first Primroses!
Spring is on her way.


14 comments:
How lovely to see flowers in your garden! I enjoy looking at the catalogs that come in the mail. They are nice to see even just for browsing.
I love primroses, but here they are an annual. Catalogues are nice just to get ideas from.
God bless.
Primroses are sweet flowers! I can’t wait until the first signs of spring appear here in zone 7. I love browsing catalogues, and I’m with your mom that you can get lots of good ideas from just looking!
it's very lovely in mid February to see flowers peeping through in the UK! it is fun to look at things and get ideas!
Primroses already - your earlier spring is like a foretaste of what will be coming our way
Primroses! What a lovely sight!
I agree, that it is fun to browse those catalogues and pick up some ideas, but that is as far as it goes for me. Lovely to see the Primrose heralding the approach of Spring.
Hooray for the first primroses! Love these sweet signs that Spring will come!
If only my perennials would look like those in the catalogs :)
By now I realize that the pictures are the ideal but I keep hoping. I have a few Primroses that made it through the winter rains and they're looking quite perky. Any sign of Spring is welcome.
Catalogues can be fun to page through, and I agree with your mother that they provide ideas to adapt. The first primrose is always a beautiful sight.
Hello little primrose, you sure look pretty today! :) I enjoy looking though magazines and catalogs too.
What a pleasant way to pass a bit of time, leafing through garden catalogues and gathering ideas. Your mother was right, sometimes it’s enough simply to look and be inspired. And those first primroses are a sure and welcome sign that the seasons are turning again.
I’ve shared the first post for the Movement Link-Up to encourage everyone to take part, and it will remain open until Monday, so there is still time to share your post.
Inspiration is all around . . . in catalogues, magazines, Instagram. I like your mom's philosophy!
"Just looking at it gives me lovely ideas" - absolutely wonderful.
It's raining in the snow here today. I think it won't be long before the first snowdrops appear... your garden primrose is already quite advanced, so I can well imagine you're already caught up in the gardening fever...
Spring, how wonderful!
Sending you cheerful greetings.
Viola
Post a Comment