I can't believe how long it is since I posted anything. I think it's that seasonal disease of 'haven't anything to say and it's raining, again'.
However, this is the season of one of Cornwall's most loved flowers, the Camellia. So many of the varieties were brought back to the mild Cornish climate by plant hunters in the late 20th century. The lost Gardens of Heligan holds the National collection.
Trewithen House has over 200 plants and holds the International Camellia Register.
Camellias are very much part of Cornwall's gardens. This is in my garden, one of my favourites. Sadly I dont know its name as it was in the garden when we came here.
Each bloom looks as though it has been splashed with white paint. No two are the same.

.jpg)

17 comments:
I was thinking about you yesterday. Have you recovered fully from your knee replacement?
Oh ! The camellias are so pretty with that splash of white!
Hoping your knee is healing well! I love the camellias with their showy blooms - but the tiny daffodils are resilient and hopeful harbingers of springtime
Pink camellias are the prettiest ones, I think, and the variegation in the petals you've shown just add to that. I have a pink one, too, without any white spots. Daffodils are such cheery flowers even in the dull rain.
I hope you are continuing to heal well from your knee surgery. I've heard it takes quite awhile to regain full mobility.
Camellias are such lovely shrubs to have in one's garden. I don't have any room. In another life I'll have at least an acre for a garden ( and a full time gardener).
I know the feeling, rain and nothing to say. Hold steady winter is only a season 🙏
We have camellias here in Georgia, USA! They are blooming now. I love them.
Thank you for your blog. Sometimes we simply don’t have much to say. It can feel like a seasonal dip — though I’m never quite sure if it really is that, or if we’re just a little low sometimes.
The nice thing is, you don’t have to post anything special. You could even share a photo of your coffee mug. I love coffee mugs and teacups — they make a perfectly good blog post on their own.
But these camellias are truly beautiful. I’ve never seen them quite like that before — it almost looks as if someone brushed white paint over the petals. So unusual. And the narcissus too.
I understand the longing for sunshine. Still, even with the rain and the quiet moods, we are moving closer to spring. I can almost smell it already.
Warm greetings from here.
How wonderful to see a post from you. I love camellias but can't grow them here in my province.
God bless.
Camellias are beautiful flowers I have got a big white one and a pink one they are in bloom now and after 40 days rain we have sunshine.
I hope by the time you read this you've had some sunny days. Rain can be so dreary. The camellias are beautiful and your daffodils even though they're out in a soggy pot they're saying "springs coming". Listen to them and cheer up my friend 🤗
I hope we bring some sunshine with us tomorrow when we arrive in Cambridge via London! Pretty camellias and daffodils!
Camellias are beautiful flowers! We have two bushes in our front yard. They often bloom a couple of times each year, but they didn't bloom in December this year (colder than usual?) and I am still waiting for the spring blooms.
I find it difficult to keep up with blogging. I have plenty to say . . . just don't have the blocks of time to say it all as I once did. Life constantly changes, doesn't it? We just do what we can. Hope you're having a few sunny days!
Hi B! Wow! Even in the rain, those are LOVELY! We finally got a big dump of snow and I am so grateful! I bet your garden is VERY lovely!
Those are beautiful!
Hello Dear Friend!!! I fell out of blogging last year, so busy the past four years since returning to NC. Life happens and I just couldn't stress over the internet LOL Although I have thought of you often, LOVE the Camellia photos. That is one plant I don't have but would love to add to our yard one day!!
Rain rain go away my little British friend wants to play. Sorry for all the rain I know it can be dreary and get you down. I hope your knee is feeling better and healing fast that's another thing that can get you down until you fully recovered and it takes time. God bless you dear friend, keep your chin up, Sunshine is right around the corner 🥰
Post a Comment