I just don't know where the time goes. I have neglected my poor lonely blog , mainly because I've had nothing much to write about. Today we had a bit of a weather change.
As Winnie the Pooh would say 'It was a very blustery day'.
I came back from a morning with a friend and found my lovely Gazebo lying on its back on the lawn, waving its feet in desperation. The wind had been very strong this morning. The photo below isn't mine but it is exactly what mine looked like. I was too busy trying to sort it out to take a photo, as you might imagine.
My friend took me to an interesting place called 'Miss Molly's Tea Rooms', It's part of a larger business dealing with house clearances, and is set in one of the old mine Counting Houses, a large and gracious 200 year old building. There are various tea rooms, and every single one is full of china and furniture, carefully arranged in a higgledy piggledy sort of way. Typewriters nestling next to china, leather cases perched on a piano, room after room of tea sets.
Every piece is for sale. There were some very lovely tea sets, but sadly not many people use tea sets now.
I don't know how many rooms there were, I got slightly lost wandering around! I might go back sometime just to gaze!
10 comments:
I would love to go there and gaze, too. So sorry about your gazebo. Glad it wasn't damaged! Hope you have a lovely week.
That was a fierce wind to topple your gazebo. What a lovely outing with your friend to the tea rooms. Old china tea sets are so pretty. It's too bad more people don't appreciate them.
Wouldn't I think I was in tea cup heaven in a place like that? Sorry about your gazebo being toppled but luckily it wasn't damaged. That must have been quite a fierce wind.
I would love to visit Miss Molly's tea rooms! It sounds an amazing place. I hope the tea/coffee/cakes were good too.
Sounds a perfect place to wander around, with refreshments as well.
I would absolutely love that place as well! I love tea sets so much! It is a shame that more people don't love them today! I love hearing about your normal life and I'm so glad to read this blog post!
Miss Molly's Tea Rooms sound like a fun place to visit, especially with a friend, but how disappointing to find your "lovely Gazebo lying on its back on the lawn, waving its feet in desperation!" (Sad to have it happen, but I absolutely love your clever description of it!) I am glad that it was not damaged but was safely put away for next year.
The weather is wild! We have gone from boiling hot sun for weeks on end to heavy rain, wind and thunderstorms overnight. I know we needed the change but I was hoping that Summer would tiptoe slowly away, not catch the first bus out of town 🤣
Oh, I'd love to go to that shop! Amazing!
I love Winnie the Pooh. He makes everything better.
Amalia
xo
Post a Comment