Friday, 10 August 2018

odds and ends


The words don't come.
Maybe it's the weather, or something.
So today , moving on from my birthday...thank you so much for the many good wishes, it's just random things.

This is what tourists would love to see when they visit.
It's a beautiful beach in Falmouth, but it rarely looks like this!
The last time we drove past you couldn't put a pin between holiday makers.

At last we have had some rain which is so good for the gardens. My roses have begun to flower again.

Services here are so helpful. Our Dr has just called by with the results of some Xrays. We sat in the sunroom and chatted. We are so fortunate.
In the village is our podiatrist, who normally does a house visit to us both. Today I had an 8.30 am appointment at his surgery 5 minutes away. He greeted me with 'You do look familiar, have you been before?' We both laughed when I pointed out that he saw me at home every 7 weeks!

My husband has a birthday this coming week and friends from France who now live in Cornwall are coming for the day.

That's about it for now. 

12 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Random things are good at times. The beach is lovely. Your medical system is far greater than ours from what you said. I cant remember when anyone in the medical field ever visited anyone at home. Be blessed today and have a happy weekend.

Splenderosa said...

You know what? All the way from Houston I am admiring what you said. It sounds like you have a lovely life, one I would quite appreciate. Keep smiling and reading. Take good care of your husband and Happy Birthday to you both. Sending a big Texas hug !!!!

Lorrie said...

The daily routines of life are something we all have in common. I like reading about them. That's a beautiful beach, probably less so when covered with people, but think of all the enjoyment happening! Happy Birthday to your husband. Have a wonderful time visiting with your friends.

elizabeth said...

I would like the beach that I see but not one that is so crowded as you vividly described! I hope you and your husband have a nice visit with friends! Friends you have had for years are such a blessing!

Angela said...

Your story of the podiatrist made me smile. One of my dearest friends is a podiatrist. We sat in a meeting once and she whispered "I know that woman on the platform. If only she took off her shoes, I could tell you her name" These people are not like us they remember not faces but feet!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Gorgeous beach! I’m sure all the beach goers enjoy it while they can!

Terri said...

What a beautiful beach!! Of course, it’s nicer without a crowd. 😉

Debbie Harris said...

Random thoughts are always a joy to read in the lives of our dear blogging friends.
How nice that your Dr.makes house calls, you wouldn't find that here anymore.
Happy Birthday to your husband!
Your beach is lovely and I'm sure the tourists enjoy it immensely. After tourist season, if there is a time, you can enjoy the beauty and quiet.

Bless you~

Pom Pom said...

I'm so glad you had a nice birthday. I can't imagine all those holiday makers taking up every inch of your beach. I suppose they will all leave soon, going back to their jobs and school year commitments. I am going to the sea soon. We'll go out to watch whales and I hope the next day my sister and I will visit a childhood lake and float around wearing straw hats. That's our plan. Happy birthday to M, too!

Astrids dragon said...

Falmouth is so lovely, it's been a long time since I was there last.
I remember house calls when we were there for the summer, so nice that they still do it!

Carolien said...

I wish you all a happy birthday together with friends!

Love, Carolien

ellen b. said...

My favorite time at beaches is winter when it's cooler and not crowded. Have a very happy celebration with your friends from France.

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...