Sunday, 6 March 2022

Lent reflection

Following Angela's (Tracing Rainbows) Lent Reflections.



A poem written by Gideon Heugh, a writer for TEARfund.

 A new light arrives

Buried in the night,anxious thoughts crowded darklyaround me.

The last thing I expectis a miracle;the last thing I anticipate is Godriding the dawn.

But then,like the only answer we ever need,a new light arrives,splashing grace-painton the worn-out canvas of my heart,

and all of a suddenhope is running along the tops of the treeswild-eyedand rampant.

8 comments:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oooo... love this! Thank you. Heart hugs to you today. xo

Lorrie said...

This is lovely, Barbara. Thank you for sharing. I love the "splashing grace-paint" image.

Angela said...

Oh this is a brilliant poem - thank you so much for sharing it!

elizabeth said...

oh lovely! thank you for this!

Jackie said...

Lovely poem for Lent. Thank you for sharing.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

A good poem for this first Sunday in Lent. I'll be sure to pop over to Tracing Rainbows to read the reflection for Lent.

Linda said...

This is a beautiful inspiring poem. Thank you for sharing.

Lee said...

Hello,I too am in Cornwall nice to meet you.Loved this poem.

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...