Saturday, 8 June 2024

Onward.

 Thank you for all your helpful comments. I am still ploughing on, trying to get back to a black font instead of pale blue, but at least my side lists are there. Mostly. My daily Bible quote has gone and no matter how many times I put it back, and save it, it does not appear.

I'm relieved to read that I'm not the only one having problems, though obviously it would be better not to have.

So here's one of my favourite roses, Gertrude Jekyll, for you. She is one of the sweetest scented roses that I have.


Happy weekend!

12 comments:

Mrs. White said...

I am happy to see that things are a bit better with blogger. The rose is so beautiful! Have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Sandi said...

I can see the bible verse.

Donna said...

Oh...and the biggest help was to switch internet servers. If it doesn't work on IE Bing, it'll work on Firefox...Safari...or Chrome...or Google. Just go to your blog, sign in and carry on. I almost always have to do this.
hugs
Donna

ellen b. said...

Good morning from the Pacific Northwest. My Wordpress site has been wonky. My blogroll has disappeared and I can't get it back and other stuff on my sidebar has gone wonky, too. Happy day to you regardless and enjoy those beautiful blooms!!

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I’m reading from my phone - I’m seeing a black font.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Blogger is always playing up - I often can't comment on blogs and then find I can a few days later. Enjoy your weekend, I hope you pick your lovely rose and enjoy it indoors. Betty x

Jackie said...

I see your post in black. Lovely photo of the rose.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

At least some things are back to normal on your blog.
I love that gorgeous rose💗.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

I'm sorry that you are having trouble with Blogger. It does seem to have a mind and voice of its own sometimes. I can see your blog in black type but not the bible verse. Hopefully that will return soon.
Lovely rose. Thank you for sharing the photo.
Have a good week.

Cheryl said...

Ugh. I am sorry that you have been having trouble with Blogger! I had some issues a few months back and i had no idea what to do about it. Then the trouble left as capriciously as it had come. Sigh . . . I hope that your problems are resolved. It is so frustrating!

Barwitzki said...

Oh help... I've had problems with blogging too. There was a time when I could only upload an image and then there are times when I can't control the font size, nor the font - which is why I don't write Norwegian anymore (which is why I started the blog, to practice Norwegian - but almost everyone in Norway speaks English - so :-)
Just keep writing on your blog because that's what we want: reading blog posts and creating friendly connections. I'm so happy that I'm traveling all over the world on the blog, to places where I would never go and where I first have to look on the map where it is... blogging connects. And that is nice.
Your rose is beautiful. It's definitely an old variety. This gorgeous pink with the twisted petals inside, it has a wonderful scent. Yes.
My first roses in the garden also bloom. So beautiful.
Many greetings to you from Viola

Lorrie said...

I see a black font, Barbara. Perhaps it's working now. I always enjoy reading your posts, no matter what the blog looks like. Gertrude Jekyll is looking beautiful. She's just beginning to bloom in my garden now.

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...