Saturday, 22 June 2024

Out for coffee

On a sunny morning what could be better than going for a coffee with a friend? This lovely little garden tea room is only a mile down the road from my house. It's sheltered by trees and there are shaded tables to sit at.

 It's a family affair, run by Mother and Daughter, both very skilled at making delicious cakes. You can eat in the garden or inside, both equally comfortable.

There is a wonderful collection of china mugs, cups and teapots to choose from.

While we sat and chatted, a very friendly little robin came and joined us. He is well known in the garden and will take crumbs from people's hands!
There are squirrels in the orchard behind the garden, and they put on a show, swinging from feeders, leaping from tree to tree, but never quite brave enough to approach.

We would really have liked to spend the day there, enjoying the sun, the delicious coffee (and cakes). I'm sure the lovely owners wouldn't mind!

17 comments:

Sara said...

What a lovely place to spend an hour or two enjoying coffee and cakes!

Connie said...

My, my, my what a lovely spot to share time with a friend. Thanks for sharing, I could almost feel the peace and hear the birds singing.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I’d love to spend some time there as well. So charming.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

A perfect way to spend a summer day. It was gorgeous here today. Spent part of the day with my dear mom, went for supper at our favourite Thai restaurant, which was humming with custom; I think people were all enjoying these first days of real summer. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos of the charming café as well as that snap of your delicious looking coffee.

Granny Marigold said...

Sharing a cup of coffee or tea with a friend at such a lovely spot would be wonderful. I wish we had a similar place nearby. I'm sure the peaceful surroundings and hearing the birds sing would be heavenly.

doodles n daydreams said...

This looks like a wonderful spot to stop for a coffee with a friend. Very idyllic.

Angela said...

A lovely spot to enjoy food and friendship

Terri said...

What a beautiful spot!

Rambler said...

Ooohh I'd love to be in that pretty little garden with the very friendly robin. It looks idyllic and I hope you can make regular trips over there - when we have the weather!

ellen b. said...

What fun to have this lovely spot so close. That's one friendly Robin. Happy Summer to you!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

A lovely place to enjoy coffee and cake with a friend. The resident robin to the tea room garden sounds like a friendly little bird.

elizabeth said...

Very beautiful! What a charming spot!

Mary said...

Oh my, looks like you have a little piece of paradise so close to home - lucky you, go as often as you can while the weather is nice. Cheers dear friend xx

Deanna Rabe said...

That looks delightful - I'd love to spend the day as well!

Barwitzki said...

Oh how beautiful! What a wonderful place... and just a mile for you... the most beautiful walk with a reward :-))
A cheerful greeting comes to you from Viola.
I have my cup of coffee and am sitting next to my rose bush... and I would like to taste your slice of cake from the cafe :-))
Today I'm going to cut the last of the rhubarb and make some jam with some strawberries and maybe a little rhubarb cake.
I wish you a wonderful day.
Hug to you.

Mrs. White said...

What a lovely place! You must have had a restful time enjoying the surroundings. God bless you!

Julia said...

What a lovely tea room. I could spend hours sitting there surrounded by all the trees and flowers. Your cake and coffee both look delicious!

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...