Home again after a few days away in Tavistock, a small market town in Devon. It's somewhere I love to return to with its interesting and individual shops, the large indoor market, and the proximity to the moors.
The Bedford hotel is always comfortable, though I did wish I hadnt booked a single room, as it was very tiny. However, once I'd asked for a comfy chair to be squeezed in, there was everything I needed. Right in the centre, the hotel is opposite the Anglican Church, where I went for a very lovely Easter service. The organist and choir absolutely made the service, with lovely hymns and anthems. I've been humming 'See what a morning' ever since!
The best day I had was taking a taxi out out to The Garden House, a privately owned property about 10 miles from the town. It's similar to a National Trust place, a lovely old house surrounded by amazing gardens. Years ago I brought my mum here, and was happy to recognise parts of the garden that we had loved.
Outside the house there was a pleasant cafe where one could sit on the terrace in the sun.
Just look at this huge Rhododendron, I cant imagine how old it is.


16 comments:
Welcome home! It sounds as if you had a lovely time away. That rhododendrum bush is huge!
I love The Garden House and visited often when I lived in Horrabridge. I had a favourite bench seat in a quiet spot where I could sit and read and listen to the birdsong. Lovely peaceful place.
Welkom Thuis. Sounds like a lovely few days away. Tavistock is such a nice place to return to, and the visit to The Garden House must have been special—especially with those memories. And coming home to blossom everywhere makes it even better.
What a beautiful place. Glad you enjoyed.
rsrue.blogspot.com
Sounds like you enjoyed a great trip!!!
Welcome home again. Your time away sounded refreshing. Happy April to you!
The Garden House sounds like a wonderful place to visit, to sit and relax and maybe enjoy a quiet tea. Now it's home again to your own lovely garden. Happy April 🌷🌷🌷
It is good to get away and enjoy a change of pace . . . but it is always good to return home! Enjoy spring and all its beautiful gifts!
What a lovely little getaway you had. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to The Garden House, and relived some happy memories of your mother, too. We've been away for a few days and are just home. I'm always happy to wander through my garden and see the changes.
Enjoy springtime and the beautiful blossoms.
How lovely to read that you have had a nice break, not heard of the Garden House. Your garden is always beautiful and a cherry tree in blossom is my absolute dream! I am thinking of buying one that would be happy in a patio pot. Betty
Your trip sounds heavenly! Y'all have some of the best architecture :-) Spring has sprung here and my flower beds are beginning to fill in nicely. I did add a couple of new perennials, a few at a time to mitigate the expense. I'm so happy most of them survived the winter and are doing great.
I'm happy to hear that you had a lovely Easter. What a lovely place to spend some springtime hours all the blooms and flowers. Take it easy now that you're home and do that work a little at a time. Have a wonderful weekend sweet friend.
I am glad that you had a lovely Easter get away. I never knew that those bushes got that big!! It is immense.
God bless.
So pleased you had a lovely time away. It looks as though you were lucky with the weather as well, perfect!
This was a nice place and nice outing. Love the rhododendrons so huge.
I am so happy you had such a wonderful trip. The scenery is beautiful. The church service sounds lovely and inspiring!
Post a Comment