Saturday, 18 April 2026

All things Pink.

 I am very fond of the colour pink. Looking round my garden I realise that pink appears in all sorts of different areas.

Not in my garden, but in a garden visited recently. These Erythroniums make me think of Lorrie, who sometimes shows them in her posts.


Again, not in my garden at the moment, this beautiful Magnolia flower. Very pink.


My Cherry, (Prunus) is so full of flower, but already the winds are blowing the petals over the lawn. It is over so fleetingly.


I have a very bright pink Azalea which manfully appears every year. It's one with smaller flowers.


Our local Farm/plant sales place was selling these lovely daisies, which I couldn't resist. I bought four to put in pots on the pathway


Pink is a happy colour!

Just for a change, not pink,  these are tiny wild violets which are colonising my lawn. I can't possibly mow them, can I?


And now, out to the greenhouse , where my Tomatoes are waiting to be transplanted into bigger pots. I almost didn't bother with them this year, but somehow manage to have 30 little seedlings!

13 comments:

Connie said...

I love your pretty pink blooms. I too am a lover of pink in the garden. Thirty tomato plants, that's a lot. Your green thumb is truly expressing itself this spring. Happy gardening and God bless you.
You're blogging sister, Connie :)

Poppypatchwork said...

I love tiny violets, I have a small batch in my garden, I have moved some in hope to get more.

Sue in Suffolk said...

My wonderful pink Magnolia has nearly finished - sadly, they are a bit dull for the rest of the year.
I had terrible germination last year so sowed a few extra Tomato seeds, this year they have all come up but no sign of peppers

R's Rue said...

I’m loving all this pink.
rsrue.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

Pretty In Pink for sure. No blossoms here, but I am seeing buds on the fruit trees and bushes.

God bless.

Lorrie said...

Pink blooms are some of my favourites, too. Your prunus blossoms are so lush! I have never seen Erythroniums like the ones you showed. Such a pretty colour!
Tomato seedlings need transplanting here, too!

Granny Marigold said...

The walkways in the park are almost covered with pink confetti that has fallen from the ornamental cherry trees.

Cheryl said...

So many beautiful pinks! Pink is such a cheerful color!

KirstenM said...

Pink is welcome in my garden, but that will come later. At the moment everywhere is blue; violets, muscari, forget-me-not and Spanish bluebells. Also apple blossom and lilac

Deanna Rabe said...

Lovely pink! We have wild violets in our lawn and we mow over them and they either pop back up or flower again quickly! I love them!

ellen b. said...

Pink is a very happy color. Smiling as I view your photos. We have Johnny jump ups that colonize our yard and it is hard to mow them. Hope you have a peaceful week!

Mrs. White said...

I love the pink flowers! They bring a sense of cheer! Enjoy your garden! God bless!

Anne Payne said...

Everything is so beautiful!!! My Weeping Cherry is struggling. We're in a terrible drought, and I need to do some organic fertilizer around it to see if it will help it pick up and look better. Gardening is not something I enjoy, although I enjoy seeing the fruit of my labor. :-)

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...