Saturday, 12 December 2015

Evening moments.

This evening we sat together and watched a wonderful DVD of The Marriage of Figaro.
No television.
No ghastly 'Christmas' programmes.
Just a peaceful time.
A cup of tea, a homemade mince pie (yes I do bake when there is time)
and quiet gladness.

Thank you for your encouragement on my new site. I am not linking it back to Cornish Cream as I had some unpleasantly tacky comments left on a post and don't want that to happen here.

10 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

So nice to see you blogging again. Hugs

Frugally challenged said...

I'm really sorry you had unpleasant comments but very happy to see you blogging again. And I love that quote you started with. Where is it from? (Or is it you?)

Marigold Jam said...

How lovely that you enjoyed some quiet moments together especially if you enjoyed a home baked mince pie at the same time! Sorry about the horrid comments let's hope whoever it was doesn't find this new blog.

Elizabethd said...

As far as I know it is by an unknown author. I found it on the internet, where else?!!

Elderberry-Rob said...

The simplest things are often the best. The thought of warm mince pies and their lovely Christmassy smell is making me feel almost capable of making a few! (cooking is not my thing as you know). Betty :D

Angela said...

I visited a couple from our church last week, both had been unwell. It was lovely to sit in their lounge which was full of books, and CDs - and not a TV in sight! We talked about music for over half an hour. All the best with the new blog!

Anonymous said...

Since letting go of television, about 10 years ago, we have had the most wonderful moments. So glad that you were able to enjoy the marriage of Figaro...it is one of my favorites :0) mari

Lorrie said...

I love simple, quiet times as you've written about. I don't enjoy big gatherings (never have, but now I admit it) and lots of noise. I can imagine the coziness of your evening.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Sounds like a lovely evening -- I understand about the Christmas programs although we don't have so many here anymore. That's ok -- I prefer the quiet times.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Sorry, Elizabeth, I didn't realize you were Cornish Cream blog. Why people feel the need to be ugly is beyond me. Isn't life difficult enough?
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...