Monday, 1 February 2016

Spring flowers.

At long last I can pick a few flowers from the garden.
Hellebores are best displayed with the heads floating in water, but I put a couple in this little vase. A few early catkins and the first baby daffodils went together, just to bring a touch of Spring into the house.

There are Crocus flowering too and a couple of Snowdrops, so there is a feeling that Spring may be here soon.


Recently I joined in a Scripture swap arranged by Ashley .
One of the swap gifts had to be related in some way to Scripture, maybe with a print of a verse or something similar.
My partner was Angel, and her parcel arrived today.
Can you read the spoons?!
A journal and pens accompanied the wooden spoons
which I will enjoy using.
Together with two towels and a pretty card, this was a delightful swap.
Thank you Angel!

It's a long time since I have been in a swap, and it was fun to get to know someone new.

Thank you for the many thoughtful comments on the post about Holocaust Memorial day.

22 comments:

Carolien said...

What a lovely vase of flowers! I always cherish the frist signs of Spring so much ... well love Spring altogether. New life!

Have a good day, dear Elizabeth!

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for participating in my swap. Angel gifted you with some lovely items, and I just love the spoons!
Much love in Christ,
Ashley
creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How fun! Those swaps are neat!
Love the flowers too! It's nice to see a touch of spring.

Melanie said...

So nice to see your touch of spring! The scripture swap gave you a lovely package. Have a blessed day.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I do like a good swap! your Spring flower posy is lovely.

Cheryl said...

It is around this time of the year that I begin to crave color and often indulge in some purchased flowers to tide me over until springtime. I love your arrangement there on the table!

A few random thoughts...
I loved your post on Holocaust Memorial Day. It was so touching...
Your comment about the "distressed" shelf made me laugh! :)
I really love the quote about the "small, nameless moments."

Ceil said...

Hi Elizabeth! I have never seen spoons with quotes on them before, they are lovely! I have taken part in swaps before, and they are fun. The blogging universe is a wonderful, supportive place. Aren't we so blessed??
Happy Monday!
Ceil

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Spring has announced she is in the wings when you can pick all those lovely blooms!
Lovely gifts from Ashley - it's such a treat to find a little parcel in the letter box these days!
One can never have too many wooden spoons but I imagine these will remain your decorative ones with a nice message.
Shane

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

SO nice that you have snowdrops, it was too warm this year I guess so no snowdrop appeared in my garden. But daffodils are about to bloom.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful Spring bouquet Elizabeth! It looks so cheerful and bright....I love flowers and have some in a vase all through the Spring, Summer and Fall. Your wooden spoons are just adorable....I hope you have a good week.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful Spring bouquet Elizabeth! It looks so cheerful and bright....I love flowers and have some in a vase all through the Spring, Summer and Fall. Your wooden spoons are just adorable....I hope you have a good week.

Stephanie said...

What lovely flowers, sweet friend. They are so happy and cheerful :)

Your items from Angel are simply lovely and the spoons are oh-so-cute! Have a wonderful week. Hugs!

Pondside said...

Your spring bouquet is simply sweet - the best kind. How nice that your swap was such a good one!

Christine said...

Dear Elizabeth it is pleasure to find your blog through Stephanie's link up! Your bouquet of spring flowers caught my eye as I think I am longing for spring colour again!
Also your swap gifts are wonderful too, a real blessing!
Your newest follower
Christine

Kim said...

Spring is definitely on it's way if the pretty Daffodils and Hellebores are popping up their pretty heads. Isn't it lovely to pick a bunch of flowers and bring them inside to cast a cheery ambiance to your home. Angel's gifts are lovely, so many pretties.

magnoliasntea said...

What gorgeous spring flowers! And what a lovely package from Angel. I especially like the towels and spoons. I've done a bit of wood burning and love the effect. Thank you for stopping by my site. :)
Have a lovely day!
Toni

Cranberry Morning said...

How lovely is the vase of pretty flowers! And what a delight to be the recipient of that fun swap. Such a nice gift. Hope you have nice weather and avoid any big storms. I think it was November of 2005 when we were in London and there was a huge ice storm in Cornwall. At least that's how i remember it. Or maybe it was March of 2004?

Pom Pom said...

What a wonderful swap partner! The spoons are very special!
I love your flowers. I am hoping there will be a few buds at my mom's house because their weather is more like your weather.

ann said...

I am so slow to get around visiting. We are always stunned remembering the Holocaust. Here we don't recognize the memorial so much as Europe. Lovely swap. I am still appreciative of the bits that you sent me. I have used some in the dollhouse, making it just a little more special.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Such a wonderful swap to participate in, and I love the creative touch with the scripture on the wooden spoons! And all the other items, so exciting to receive! And oh my, you are really experiencing spring! Your flowers are gorgeous! No chance for flowers yet here! We have been getting snow all week, lol! I'll enjoy looking at your beautiful flowers, and continue dreaming for the day when our tulips will poke their heads up :) Have a wonderful day Elizabeth!

Unknown said...

Oh, I have finally made my way to your new blog, Elizabeth. How happy I am to be here!

Thank you for being patient with me, continuing to bless me with your comments and lightening my day. You are a blessing.

I am so thrilled with your lovely gifts, Angel sent! How delightful!

Mary E. Stephens said...

I did not realize spring came so early there. Is this normal or an early year? The flowers are so pretty, and it looks like the scripture swap was a blessing. :-)

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...