Easter is over.
The reminders stay with me in the form of some beautiful vases of flowers, the remnants of some tiny Easter eggs and a fridge full of leftovers!
I thought it was time to dig out some old, very old, sewing. This pretty tapestry was begun around 20 years ago, to my shame, and put away , brought out, a few stitches made, put away.......
So now I really need to get on with it.
It is a Tapestry that I planned to make into a cushion (pillow), and I started off with great enthusiasm, choosing colours that went with my armchair covers.
Where did that enthusiasm go?
I may have to hunt down some more of the wool as certain colours seem to be running out.
I keep telling myself that there isn't much to do!
Maybe pressing it gently would be a good start.
19 comments:
Beautiful colours.
L.x.
Very pretty! I have a few of those type of projects laying around too.
That is gorgeous!
How lovely !! I love starting the week with some type of project to finish.. I need to do the same with an old cushion cover I bought at an auction.. It is a World War II pillow cover that just needs embroidered a bit more. Thank you dear friend for the inspiration today. I also like how you said the reminders stay with you... sweet...xoox
What lovely colors in that tapestry! Good for you getting it out to finish it. I have several projects started waiting for completion. Have a wonderful week.
Oh, this is SO pretty! I know exactly how you feel. I will do things like this and come across them later and feel so guilty that I never completed them. There is an old Southern Gospel song sung by (the now "late") Labreeska Hemphill that says, "Don't let me leave behind an unfinished task". I think that is the cry of every woman's heart. We want to complete everything we start. I do trust God will bless you to finish it, as it is just SO lovely and would look so pretty in that chair! God bless you, and have a wonderful day in Him!
So pretty! Now I have guilt....I suddenly remembered my unfinished needlework in the back of the cupboard! Good idea to blog about it, as it encourages completion! :) xxx
It is beautiful already. Lovely hand work!
It is going to be stunning when done
The soft colours are lovely - do press on with.....pressing it and finishing!
Hi Elizabeth, What an absolutely beautiful tapestry! I just love it...in fact I have found myself thinking about how beautiful it is on and off all morning :) The colors are just lovely and I think this makes an excellent Spring project. Enjoy your stitching and just think how lovely it will look all sewn up into that beautiful cushion. Have a good week.
I totally agree with you and the ladies who wrote a comment before me ;) It is a beautiful pattern!
Have a good week & love, Carolien
Elizabeth, that design is very lovely, and I think you'll have a good time finishing it. Surely, finding additional wool will be possible.
Seeing your photos remind me of three of my own tapestry projects that have not had much attention in some years. Knitting has seemed to triumph over needlepoint, but now that I've got additional free time, I think that my neglected tapestries will be completed.
(That's along with my starting some paper pieced quilting, and filling up my sketchbooks with drawing and watercolors, and beginning some oil painting, and resuming baking and...well, you might see what I mean. xo
Elizabeth, the needlepoint is absolutely enchanting. I can hardly wait to see what you will do with it!
Good to have some Easter reminders. :)
Your needlework is so lovely! (But I can relate to having unfinished projects in the wings.)
It's beautiful, and you've got 3/4's of it finished. Yes, I'd press it and finish it. :-)
Oh what a beautiful tapestry... it is like that with projects sometimes, you get started with great anticipation and then something interrupts and it is hard to get back at it. I do love the colors, and your living room is lovely! It will make a beautiful addition to your beautiful little space when it is finished :) Have a blessed day!
It's very pretty - as I already have a piece of your beautiful needlework I know that you sew tiny neat stitches and your work is to an excellent standard, so I am sure you will finish this easily - it will be lovely to see it in use on a chair after so long in a drawer. Betty x
This is beautiful. I hope you can get it done, but I understand that struggle well! I have unfinished projects too!
Post a Comment