Friday, 11 March 2016

Spring at Trelissick.




Spring is coming to our local National Trust garden, Trelissick.
The wonderful pale pink Magnolia is in full bloom and can be seen from many viewpoints.
Daffodils and primroses are out amongst the trees.
Snowdrops are just about over as are the little wild cyclamen.



Trelissick is getting ready. There is an Easter Egg hunt in the grounds, followed by an April Daffodil show when hundreds of different varieties will be on show in the Stable yard.

The above picture is of The Water Tower which stands in the grounds watching over us as we come and go. It is now one of the many holiday cottages owned by the National Trust.
The Tower was built in 1865 as a water reservoir for the main house. It's an amazing Victorian building with four stories, one room being on each floor.
The Trust tells us;

 How typically Victorian for such a utilitarian building to be designed with such style and embellishments that it resembles the legendary tower of Rapunzel! 
The 'cottage' is advertised as being a 'perfect place for a romantic getaway'.
With 50 steps up a steep spiral staircase I think I would be exhausted after climbing up and down them!
However, the interior does look very elegant and has been beautifully furnished.
This is the circular bedroom.


What a unique kitchen!
There are two more floors, with bathroom and sitting room....all circular too.

What do you think?
Would you like a holiday here?

27 comments:

Sylvia said...

I would be like you said "tired from walking those steps", then have to go to another level to the bathroom! It is very pretty!

Terri said...

I'd love it! It's so beautiful.

Pondside said...

I would love to stay here, but I think that The Great Dane might have a different opinion! I'd say 'romantic' and he's say 'exhausting'!

bayou said...

Why not? I'd try to let my hair down from the roof window and see what happens :-)))). We very well remember Trelissick, it must be gorgeous with all the spring flowers coming out now.

Angela said...

Not sure I could cope with a circular bedroom - I need corners in my life!!

Anonymous said...

The grounds are beautiful .... But climbing all those steps ... I don't know ;-)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

How fabulous! Would definitely love to stay there. :)

Anonymous said...

Such peculiar rooms! I don't think I'd care to stay in a circular room. I'm weird that way I guess. I like corners!

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Very beautiful, I love the circular rooms. I don't think I could do the stairs lol!!

Lorrie said...

I would love to stay in the tower, and would gladly climb the stairs to get there. The view must be amazing!

Carolien said...

Oh yes, I would love that! Spring has started here, but the magnolias aren't pink yet, your climate must be much softer. I hope you can enjoy lots of signs of Spring and have a nice weekend!

Love, Carolien

Elderberry-Rob said...

It's very pretty and would be fun to stay in.

Frances said...

Well Elizabeth, someday I would love to visit Tresillick, and to see the Easter Egg Hunt in action, surrounded by all the beautiful flowers. Yes, the 50 steps seem a steep climb to those interesting tower rooms, but...I would be happy to have an opportunity to stay there. Once.

xo

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to stay there, stairs and all!! It's just beautiful! Thanks for sharing :-)

Anne Payne said...

Barbara, I would ADORE a holiday there! It sounds like sheer bliss to be able to see some of the gorgeous countryside, and visit a few magnificent castles/homes/gardens. That just might be my dream trip! I think I can do the stairs since to get up to our third floor apartment I have to climb almost that many. :) Hope you're doing okay and enjoying some nice weather. Wish we were closer and could have a cuppa together. :)

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

It might be a bit disorienting to be in a round room. I really don't know. Are the grounds lovely?

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Oh, yes, please, I'd love a little getaway there, I love unique places.

Solstitches said...

The cottage looks delightful and yes, I'm sure I would enjoy the novelty of staying in a round house.
Margaret

Gwen said...

This looks lovely! You are definitely ahead of us in terms of spring- we have snowdrops but not much else yet. Thank you for sharing the lovely photographs :-)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Gorgeous, at least you wouldn't have to dust in the corners!
Have a lovely week :)

Countrylovers said...

Das sieht ja himmlisch aus. Ja ich würde gerne dort mal wohnen. Ist ja fast wie auf einem Leuchtturm mit einem Meer aus Blumen drumherum.

Liebe Grüße Barbara

Danielle Carlson said...

I would absolutely LOVE a holiday there!

Dani xoxo
a vapor in the wind

Elizabethd said...

I entered this comment onto a translator, and it says that the tower 'looks like a lighthouse in a sea of flowers'. How lovely!

ellen b. said...

Love the circular aspects! What fun.

bristowmom said...

I would adore a holiday there. What a unique building!

Daniela said...

Thanks most sincerely for the lovely words you left as a comment on ~ My little of world ~ ,
sending blessings of joy on your day
with heartfelt gratitude

Daniela

P.S.: your blog is truly beautiful !

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Such a lovely little spot! The climb up the stairs wouldn't bother me a bit, nor the circular room... for a night's visit of course :) But to live there, a different story for sure, lol! The grounds look absolutely amazing, and I look forward to your sharing of more pictures of the lovely flowers! No such beauty here yet, it was 22 degrees this morning here, lol! Have a great St. Patrick's Day!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...