Friday, 17 June 2016

A peony!

Two years ago I planted a Peony.
For the next two Summers it produced leaves only and my heart sank. Maybe I had planted it too deep?
But this year, triumph!
One beautiful flower.



Not a good photo, taken into the sun too early.
But the garden progresses. Wildly.


19 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Yay! I thought it took 3 years for peonies to flower! Beautiful! Your garden is lush!

Carolien said...

Hello Elizabeth,

Your garden looks lovely! It is quite fast, that magnificent flower, peonies often take years to flower. I had one in Amersfoort and it was a very shy one: I never saw flowers, maybe after we moved ;)

Have a nice day & enjoy the garden!
Love, Carolien

Terri said...

I've heard peonies don't do well being transplanted or newly planted. So it looks like you are doing great! I have two giant peony plants and they truly are beautiful flowers.

Melanie said...

Such a pretty garden! Peonies are lovely. You may have only one flower so far but it is beautiful. Have a great day.

Simple Living said...

Your garden is beautiful xx

Cheryl said...

Celebrating that one peony with you...I am sure there are more to come!!

Alex said...

Lovely garden :) And one perfect peony!

Rambler said...

I love Peonies and that one is beautiful; there will be many more year by year. Your garden is lovely - mine is a jungle!!! My patio cannot be seen under all the ox-eye daisies that have seeded and grown there this year, having migrated from their spot in front of the kitchen door. Not one to be seen there! But I hadn't the heart to chop them down until they finish flowering, so if I want to enjoy the sunshine, I have to find a sunny spot on the lawn for my chair.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Delightful. I have never grown them but I do love them. Not much seen of them around here.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful .... Just beautiful :o) i just love peonies. They are so lovely and so is their scent :o)

ellen b. said...

Love your wild garden. It took a good 3 years or more for my Peony to bloom more than one beauty for us to enjoy. This year I had at least 10 for which I was very grateful. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Pondside said...

They are worth waiting for! Beautiful!

Pondside said...

They are worth waiting for! Beautiful!

Frances said...

Elizabeth, your peony bloom is quite a beauty. From the other picture, I can see why the peony wanted to attend your garden party!

xo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful peony and garden!

Mrs. White said...

Your garden is so pretty!

Patti said...

Peonies are my favorite flower, and yours is absolutely stunning. Good things come to those who wait!

Blessings,
Patti @ Embracing Home

Patti said...

Peonies are my favorite flower, and yours is absolutely stunning. Good things come to those who wait!

Blessings,
Patti @ Embracing Home

bristowmom said...

I'm glad to hear about your peony - gives me hope for those of mine that didn't flower this year. The rest of your garden looks lovely- so colorful!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...