Just wanted to share two of my roses, all of which are having a wonderful second flush of flowers.
This is the Alnwick rose, with soft perfume.
Mixed with a couple of sprays of Ammi Majus, it graces my kitchen table.
This is Graham Thomas,whom I thought had put himself to bed for the Autumn.
All of a sudden there is new growth combined with beautiful flowers.
Very little perfume though.
A little of my favourite Alchemilla Mollis added.
So thankful for my garden.
'The wilderness and the dry land will be glad; the desert will rejoice and blossom like a rose.'
Isaiah 35, v 1
22 comments:
Beautiful, I enjoyed the scripture you chose for today.
I love roses and yours are beautiful.
Beautiful roses! What a lovely surprise the yellow one gave you!
So pretty! Thank you for sharing! I think the beetles feasted on our roses this year. Boo.
So very beautiful. What a nice surprise to have them bloom again.
Beautiful roses!
Beautiful roses!
Your roses are so beautiful. How lovely to have them bloom once more before settling down for the winter.
so pretty :0) mari
The roses look so pretty along with the touches of the accent flowers. A nice way to brighten any table top. Mine don't seem to be as prolific this end of summer. It has been a long, hot summer. Thank you for the spiritual reminders and support. Enjoy your weekend.
Dear Elizabeth, thank you for sharing these beautiful roses from your garden, and also for the scripture. xo
Graham Thomas, full of surprises! Lucky you growing such lovely yellow roses - I've never had much luck. The Alnwick is really pretty. I have just two Peace in bloom - they struggle along in the heat and humidity - bless them!
What beautiful bouquets you have gracing your home. I believe I can smell the fragrance through the computer screen. :-)
Bless you~~
What beautiful roses! Roses are so delicate looking. They must smell wonderful.
Love that first rose! I did't realy think anyone could really grow something like that. Only in and for Victoria magazine (which I suspected came from the florist shop). Our roses are pathetic little things. Our cosmos are quite lovely though. My husband has done a wonderful job of the flower beds this year by himself mostly, my health not being very good. I enjoy them every time I step outside the door. But, flowers are like that, are'nt they. We have an amazing God....his creations are breathtaking! happy week-end to you....
they are indeed beautiful, mine all finished and i cut them back, maybe should have waited. Betty
Beautiful flowers! Have a lovely weekend ♥
summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com
Lovely roses, both; you make great posies with them ~ just a little of this or that, makes all the difference.
Hope you get out in the garden for many a day to come before the Autumn sets in.
Hello dear Elizabeth,
Your vases with roses are so charming ... My Graham Thomas is flowering for the third time too and yes, the fragrance is less. Enjoy!
Have a good week & love, Carolien
Your roses are lovely. Those last few blooms are such a gift, aren't they?
I love Graham Thomas ~ just when you think all is done and dusted more blooms arrive to make you smile.
I love Graham Thomas ~ just when you think all is done and dusted more blooms arrive to make you smile.
Post a Comment