Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Winnie the Pooh.




Not that I normally post twice in a week, but wanted to remind you that it is Winnie the Pooh day today. Apparently.

It celebrates the birthday of A.A. Milne, the author of the much loved stories.

I'm a traditionalist. I grew up with the 'proper' illustrations.

This is Winnie the Pooh.




Not this.


How could they?

Anyway, if you want a silly quiz which tells you which of the animals you relate to, 
Go here

I am Rabbit, whom I have always thought of as being a fusspot. Me?

May I thank you for your caring and kind comments on my last post. I'm pleased that our Dr feels my husband is recovering well, which is a relief as he goes down far too fast for my liking.
Thank you my friends, it means so much.

16 comments:

Lynn said...

I was rabbit too!!
Glad M is doing better.
L.x.

Stephanie said...

Winnie Pooh certainly went through wuite the transformation, didn't he.

I took the quiz and I am Kanga {{smiles}} It was a fun little quiz and I appreciate you sharing it.

Enjoy the remainder of your day, sweet friend. Hugs!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am Christopher Robin!

Frugally challenged said...

I'm Christopher Robin. But I promise not to bang Pooh's head on every stair.

elizabeth said...

Well, I was Christopher Robin! How about that! I am glad to hear that your Husband is recovering. That must be hard. Wondering that we have friends to encourage us along the way! ♡

Jenny said...

I love Winnie the Pooh! Since I have been battling breast cancer the quote " you are braver then you believe " has gone with me as well as a little stuffed Pooh bear to many chemotherapy sessions 😊 I have loved the stories since I was a little girl! Thanks for sharing and by the way...I am Owl ....lol!

I am so glad to hear your husband is recovering! What a wonderful thing!

Hugs Elizabeth!

Lorrie said...

That was fun! I'm Kanga, protective and up for adventure.
I'm glad your husband is recovering. These things are never easy. Hugs and prayers.

bristowmom said...

I'm afraid to take the quiz - afraid I'll be Eeyorencouraging! I call the original Pooh "Classic Pooh" and, yes, I far prefer all of the original characters.

bristowmom said...

That was supposed to say "afraid I'll be Eeyore"! I braved it and took the quiz. It said I'm Winnie! (I prefer to call him Pooh Bear.) I guess maybe that's better than Eeyore, except I remember Pooh being "a bear of very little brain"! Oh bother... 😄

Elderberry-Rob said...

I'm Christopher Robin! I knew there was an adventurer in me somewhere :) so glad health issues are under control and you are able to amuse yourself a little with things like this. I like the traditional pictures, I just love the quotes from the book and, of course, 100 acre wood is not far from me (i blogged it to death once when I went there with Pompoms travelling book - that was fun)

Rambler said...

So sorry I didn't read your previous post until this morning so didn't know Malcolm had been ill. I hope he is now well on the way to better health.
I took the quiz - I am Kanga . . . but then, I'm also an avid camper, but definitely without the bears!

Anonymous said...

I love the classic Winnie the Pooh much more than the Disney version. I've been away and I'm sorry that I've missed Winnie the Pooh day!

Anne Payne said...

Classic Pooh is the best! I took the quiz and got my favorite character, Eeyore. I don't think I'm quite as much of a downer as he, though. ☺

doodles n daydreams said...

Oh dear, much to my surprise I am Eeyore, lol. Oh well I'll have to work on that gloomy disposition I apparently have :)
I actually used to quite enjoy camping, haven't done it for quite some time though.

Diana

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Winnie the Pool is my husband's favourite.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Winnie the Pool is my husband's favourite.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...