Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Garden things et al.


It is such a joy when the first Daffodils begin to bloom.
I have little clumps of these babies all through the garden, and I prefer them to the larger ones which , although beautiful, tend to flop over very quickly.


The Primroses are a little oasis of cream in the beds. (I think it's time I did some weeding too)

To my surprise the Rhubarb plants are already growing. I wasn't expecting them yet, but look forward to the first taste.



I'm happy to tell you that my darling husband is back after nearly two weeks in hospital. He'll be taking things slowly for a while, but is so happy to be back on familiar ground. Being almost blind is a big challenge when one is in a new place.

And.....
a new bus slogan.

This bus has WiFi.
'Zackly woss needed'

I'm sure you understand?

30 comments:

Simple Living said...

Great news about your husband Elizabeth.
It is nice to see little bits of colour appearing isn't it, I discovered some snowdrops coming up under our tree.

Angela said...

So glad he is home. God bless you both x

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Exactly what's needed! :)

Good news about your husband!

Frugally challenged said...

Good to hear he's home. Rather jealous of your garden - I've just picked my first bunch of snowdrops for 2017.

Cheryl said...

I am glad to hear that your husband is back at home . . . in his happy place. Blessings on you as you continue to care for him.

Your garden looks like a happy place too!

Alex said...

Excellent news! Glad for you both.
The mini daffodils are the prettiest, I think so too.

Melanie said...

Such good news that your husband is home! How wonderful he must feel being back around familiar things. I love daffodils. When I get to Tennessee, I'll see them and perhaps even have some.

bayou said...

So glad to read that your dear husband is back at home! Happy times - all the best to both of you.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Your Spring flowers look wonderful, I can't wait to see ours but they're buried under snow at the moment lol. I love Evening Primrose, they're such beautiful flowers. It's so nice to hear that your husband is out of the hospital. I bet he's thrilled to be home. Take care!

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

OOPS!! I love Evening Primrose but I meant the Primrose that you showed in the photo. They come in so many wonderful colours.

ellen b. said...

So glad hubby is back on familiar ground. I'll have to walk out and check to see if the primroses are blooming around here. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I'm so glad your husband is home where he belongs. ♥

Lorrie said...

Good news about your husband. And what wonderful garden sights. We are buried under snow - again - although the temperature is supposed to rise tonight and rain, which will result in a real mess!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh I am so thankful to hear your husband is back at home after such a long stay in the hospital! I know you are thrilled about that! And I loved your taste of spring in the garden... so pretty all your spring flowers coming up! Hugs to you today :)

Elderberry-Rob said...

Very glad hubby is home. Isn't it lovely to see signs of the garden awakening, I just have a few mini daffodils sprouting but drove the scenic route to work yesterday and was rewarded with snowdrops here and there - my favourite Spring flowers.

elizabeth said...

beautiful flowers!! Your Husband is back home, I am so glad to hear that; how difficult for him in his afflictions and how hard for you to see him suffering. God be with you. I am going to light an oil lamp (a lampada) for you all now, to burn brightly today. I hope your Husband continues to regain strength and health! Prayers.

ann said...

Our daffodils are still sleeping soundly with more weeks of winter yet to come. I am always anxious for them to arrive. So glad that your husband is home; it must get very lonely to have him away. As for the bus sign, haven't got a clue. Do you?

Elizabethd said...

'Exactly what's needed!'

Mary said...

So pleased to hear the good news - home is always the best place. Hope so much he continues to fare well - under your care I know he's getting the best.
I've just come in from the garden where I fertilized the spring bulbs and found several daffodils already in bloom - so early but such a bright spark in the otherwise dour looking garden.
Hugs to you both - Mary

krishna said...

hope everything is fine now.. I love the the daffodil ..

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

Debbie Harris said...

There's no place like home! Happy to hear that your husband is back home with you.
How exciting to see a bit of spring popping up. :)
Evening Primrose is so beautiful but doesn't grow well here. To high up in the mountains.

Enjoy your weekend ♡

Debbie Harris said...

There's no place like home! Happy to hear that your husband is back home with you.
How exciting to see a bit of spring popping up. :)
Evening Primrose is so beautiful but doesn't grow well here. To high up in the mountains.

Enjoy your weekend ♡

Anonymous said...

So happy he's home. God bless you both ♥

Elderberry-Rob said...

glad hubby's home. I have some little tete a tetes coming up but the tesco delivery man stepped all over them! not sure they will ever recover. I found snowdrops in pots at the market, my favourite at this time of year.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Sightings of Spring, how lovely. And your hubby is home where he belongs, even lovelier! And I love the bus slogan!

Happy day...
Brenda
xox

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your husband is home again. I've never grown rhubarb before. Is it difficult to grow?

Rambler said...

So pleased that Malcolm is back home where he belongs again - may he continue to get stronger with your loving care. Lovely to see the Spring flowers appearing - I have Snowdrops, Hellebores and Daffodils at present, with the first few deep pink Camellia flowers opening. If/when this rain stops, I need to get out there and clear the borders of weeds and dead stalks.

Judy said...

I'm catching up over here. Glad you have your hubby back at home again! It is looking very springlike over there! Here? Not so much as yet.

Anne Payne said...

We usually feel even better when we get to come home! So happy to hear from you and praising God for bringing your sweet husband home.

I was in NC over the weekend and my Daffodils were ready to pop open and bloom! I'm sorry to miss the beauty they proclaim. A sure sign Spring is coming!

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your visit and for following. I am following you also and look forward to getting to know you. I am thankful to read your husband is home from hospital. My late mother was blind most of my life and I was her caregiver. I know how important it is for one with limited sight to be in familiar surroundings. God bless you both.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...