Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Home again.

I drove my husband back from his nursing home stay in Devon yesterday.
It was very leisurely. We had enjoyed a sunny morning out on the terrace outside his garden room, taken coffee, and watched a mother duck trot by with her seven babies. One of the residents feeds the ducks and they know where to come!


I had stayed overnight at this palatial looking place.
It's known as Hannahs, and was for many years Seale Hayne Agricultural college. Taken over by the Dame Hannah Rogers Charity in 2010, it exists to provide a place for people of all abilities.
In their own words--:
The project is an amazing place for the community, for people of all abilities, where they can train, learn have fun and fulfil their true potential without judgement or limit. Today it supports over 800 people with disabilities and their families through employment, training and experiences such as art, music, hydrotherapy, animal care and horticulture.

It has a new block of very pleasant accommodation with rooms looking over the 90 acres of grounds. My room had a charming view of greenery with rabbits bouncing about.
There was an excellent Bistro which served all meals.

Now back home, unpacking, each listening to the other's tales of a time away from home.


21 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Glad that you both had pleasant times in your respective holiday accommodation. I am sure you will have a good time comparing notes and news etc and hope that the current lovely weather will extend your "holiday".

Frugally challenged said...

That sounds wonderful. I hope your own break was good too.

Pom Pom said...

Welcome home to M!
Yay! I bet he's glad to be home.

thisissixty.blog said...

That sounds like a nice relaxing place to stay.
Eloise - thisissixty.blog

Tina said...

You have such a lovely way with words. I hope you are able to ease back into full-time caring again, and that you perhaps have another break on the horizon. Sending love to you both, xx

Angela said...

Glad your time apart was good, may your time together again be even more blessed x

Sandi said...

Love the greenery on the walls!

ellen b. said...

Welcome home to your husband. What a lovely looking place to stay.

elizabeth said...

How nice! I am glad you both had your vacations and are back now to tell each other about it!♡ God bless!

doodles n daydreams said...

I'm pleased you've enjoyed your break and can now share your stories with one another. Your accommodation looks quite palatial.

Diana

Cheryl said...

I love the picture in my mind's eye of you and your hubby sharing stories of your time away.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I'm glad you had this time. What a lovely place to stay!

Rest is so important, and now home!

Connie said...

It sounds like you had a nice stay and a pleasant trip, but oh how nice to be home and together again :)
Enjoy!
Connie :)

Rambler said...

I'm sure you missed each other, but I hope these two weeks have been a restful and relaxing time for both you and Malcolm. Enjoy this lovely weather together in your very pretty garden. xx

Anonymous said...

I know it must be good for your both to be back home again. Hannahs sounds like a lovely place to stay with wonderful accommodations.
Blessings, ♥

Lorrie said...

Your contentment and pleasure at being together in your own home again is very evident in your words. The place you stayed looks very elegant. Enjoy these summer days!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I didn't realize I'm been away so long ... I had to catch up on a few lovely posts, which was almost like having a face to face visit.

As Cheryl already mentioned, I like hearing of how you and your hubby shared stories of your time away.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend...
Brenda
xox

Reply

Carolien said...

Hello dear Barbara,

What a wonderful home that is, good to have this possibility from time to time.
Hats off for you, my dear friend. I hope the stories will be good.

Love, Carolien

Kathleen Grace said...

What a beautiful place! Nursing homes in the states tend to be drab and utilitarian places at best. As pretty as it was I bet your husband is so glad to be home with you!

ann said...

I am glad to hear that your husband is back home. I always enjoy seeing the photos of England. As I scrolled through you posts, I didn't realize how many I had missed. I get easily distracted these days. And ditto Kathleen. Here in the states there are places near hospitals where family can stay when a loved one has a prolonged stay in the hospital. The most well-known are at the Ronald McDonald houses scattered throughout the country, a McDonald's Hamburger sponsored charity. Your accommodation looks quite romantic, Jane Eyre-ish.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

How wonderful that your husband had a lovely place to stay to recover, and that you were able to spend such a lovely night at this amazing place! Hugs to you today dear friend :)

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...