This pretty rose, Peace, is having a second, or maybe third, flowering.
Sometimes the flowers have a pink tinge, but these are more yellow.
I was warned when I planted Geranium Rozanne that she would take over, and she has done just that. It is impossible to cut her back as she is covered in bees all day.
She has managed to cover most of one of my flower beds and also the lawn!
Is it a sign of approaching Autumn to see Chrysanthemums flowering?
Photo taken a week ago with the first of the tomatoes and other bits from my little vegetable garden. Since then I am picking over a pound of tomatoes every day,
I can feel the garden is winding down. It's too soon.
August is only just beginning.
17 comments:
You are so much further ahead than here in Northern Scotland. Our tomatoes are still green! What a treat it is to eat homegrown produce! Xxx
Beautiful flowers,lovely to have produce from the garden, we are have the first of the potatoes tonight.
'Peace'is such a beautiful rose, Barbara - and it does keep on giving through the flowering season. Lovely flowers and vegetables in your garden, but I do think your remark about approaching Autumn is true. We've not had much in the way of summer, have we - too many wet and windy days, but already the Hawthorns and Rowans have berries. On the other hand, blackberries are small and green and quite a few flowers in my garden are late in flowering.
My 2 - year old Lilac tree hasn't flowered at all this year, though it has grown taller. :(
Summer is passing by way too fast for me, although I can't say I'm sad to see July come to an end. I'm hoping for some cooler temps now. Your Geranium Rozanne is beautiful! I need something like this in my yard. Not much survives this heat or the brackish waters that flood our yard a couple times a year.
I'm emailing you, my friend.
I must get some of that blue geranium for a long bed that is nothing but weeds at present and we are trying to think what to do with it. I could happily allow it to cover the area especially if it is bee-friendly! Lovely rose and well done for your vegetable production we are currently eating runner beans daily and the bees are enjoying the flowers there too.
I know what you mean. It's still summer and we should enjoy it, right? Soon enough we'll have cool evenings and dormant gardens. Your veggies looks great!
Rozanne will travel a metre either way so she does need space!
Your roses and Chrysanthemums are lovely. No it's not a sign of fall when the mums bloom, just late summer ;) Our tomatoes haven't ripened yet, but we have cucumbers coming out our ears!
Your roses are beautiful!
Many, many years ago my husband, daughters and I lived with a lady who was totally bed ridden with MS and I cared for her while my husband looked after her home and yard and she had the most beautiful roses gracing her yard. She said the secret to growing roses is that they need a sandy soil. Other than her yard,I have never grown roses.
I want to thank you for your many sweet visits in regards to my mom, I so appreciate your encouragement.
God bless you~
The Peace rose is a beautiful one. Your garden is producing well, as is ours. I'm not ready to begin thinking about autumn yet. It's too soon. But the days pass.
Hello Elizabeth,
Oh yes, I found loads of acorns on the street already and I didn't want to see that yet! It seems to be too soon ...
Lovely flowers and vegetables, enjoy!
Love, Carolien
Your rose is beautiful, Elizabeth. I have a pink rose that was given to me one year at Mother's Day and it varies in its shades. I was given two flowers that I was told to watch or they would take over. One is a purple flower that I can never remember its name. The other is Forget Me Nots. They both are beautiful, but I show no mercy when it comes to thinning them out. :) Loved seeing your produce from your garden. I also like that blue and white bowl that the tomatoes are in. You know me and my love of blue and white dishes. haha
Your flowers are so pretty; I am looking forward to the 'mums' as that is a sign of all, and that is my favorite season. Veggies from the garden are always a plus, but ours are dying daily....we still have watermelon and canteloupe, but that is it. Happy Wednesday to you!
Your garden looks wonderful, Elizabeth! What a lovely rose! And I love the color of your geranium!
Autumn is fast approaching, isn't it?
Lovely rose and that's interesting about that geranium that takes over. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind summer waning...
Your Peace is looking quite lovely. Rick and I are taking care of Mom's Peace this year so it's part of our garden (in a huge pot). I am ever dazzled by its continuous changes of colour and hue.
The rest of your garden is looking quite lovely, and even if Rozanne is spreading herself far and wide, she does create a lovely cloud of beauty.
Wishing you a beautiful weekend...
Brenda
xox
We've had the weirdest weather and I also feel like the garden looks like it's September... But your roses are beautiful.
Post a Comment