Feeling a bit sad because my house was bereft of flowers, I pottered into the garden to see if I could find a few bits and pieces.
Amazingly a bunch of shades of red grew in my hand .
There are the last two Dancing Queen roses, Red Kaffir Lillies,
a few heads of deep crimson Hydrangeas and some Alstromeria.
Mixed with a few big Sedum blooms I felt I had a beautiful arrangement for the sitting room.
That's so much better than buying a bunch of flowers.
20 comments:
It's amazing what one can find isn't it. I always managed to find a small posy for the old lady I used to visit every week even if it was only a couple of weeds! My kind of floral arrangement and how lovely that the colours were so co-ordinated too.
The colors are beautiful!
what beautiful colours, I love hydrangea and of course you can dry them too. Your garden never disappoints.
How pretty! I hope you will have a nice afternoon.
Oh Barbara...they are just perfect for this time of year :) Maria
It is lovely to go out and pick flowers from the garden.
You might have had to look a little longer, but what a gorgeous bouquet resulted! Much better than buying flowers.
What a beautiful bouquet you've made up, all the nicer for it being from your own garden xx
A bouquet from your garden is always more satisfying than one from the flower shop. I love your reds!
Such lovely colours. I love the beautiful pieced mat under the vase too.
Very lovely! What a blessing! ♡♡♡
So beautiful! Nothing like bringing the outdoors in!
That is certainly a gorgeous array of reds and so graceful in your fluted white vase. And, also, I really like that mini-quilt you have set it upon.
Yes, flowers from your garden are the best! Enjoy! I hope you are both doing okay!!!
Love, Carolien
How nice to still pick flowers from your garden, and such a lovely shade of red too! Your home should be cheered up now :)
I love all the various shades of red in your flowers. They are a smile in your home!
Indeed it IS better than buying!! What a gorgeous arrangement, made from the season's remaining flowers. A work of art!
WOW! You've taught me something...I had NO idea hydrangeas came in RED; they are beautiful! Yes to out of the garden and not buying. Unfortunately, that's not an option for me this year; hopefully next year I'll have a small cutting garden. Your arrangement is lovely, truly lovely!
Beautiful and in my favorite color-scheme too!
You found a beautiful bouquet!!! Perfect colors for autumn. I bet it smelled good too. :)
Post a Comment