Where did September go?
Here is October, bringing its own colour range, with tawny leaves, scarlet berries and just a few late flowers.
Leaves are dropping from the old Apple tree, falling into the bird bath. A busy little Toad skittered across my foot yesterday. Was he looking for a Winter hideout?
My Sweet Peas amaze me.
Every other day there is still a little handful of gorgeously scented flowers. I gather them, thinking that they must be the last ones, but a few days later there are more.
What a joy these few plants have been.
In a couple of weeks time my daughter will be flying in from Vancouver for a week. I so look forward to that.
15 comments:
The sweet peas are lovely, and I am amazed that they are still blooming in October . You must be so excited as you plan for your daughter's visit. How wonderful that she can come over from Canada to see you.
We still have sweet peas as well, enjoy your time with your daughter.
How nice to be anticipating your daughter's visit. These flowers are so beautiful. I have never grown sweet peas. I wish you a blessed October.
They are gorgeous! And I am jealous.
Dear Barbara have a wonderful time with your daughter! The only good crop of sweet peas I had, I got from this Cornish nursery on our way back from where we did not meet. ;-) They also still amaze me with new flowers and the darkest ones are perfectly matching the dark Dahlias. But the Countdown is on, for either, sadly. xxx
That is something lovely to look forward to! Sweet peas smell so lovely, your garden is doing very well still xx
Oh how nice that your daughter is coming for a visit. I've always loved Sweet Peas. Lovely!
Your sweet bouquets are so pretty. Have a wonderful time with your daughter!
Lovely to read that your daughter is visiting Barbara, hope you have some wonderful times together. Your part of the country is so well sheltered for gardening, sweet peas in October! I bet they smell divine.
Good morning Elizabeth!
Oh my favourite flower ... love them so much! The scent! I'm glad you can still enjoy them.
How lovely your daughter is coming over!
Have a good day & please sniff into the sweet peas a little bit for me too :)
Love, Carolien
Lovely sweet peas! I've never grown them, but may have to give them a try! How fun to have your daughter flying in for a visit. My daughter and granddaughter went home today, after visiting for a week! I just soaked it all in. I know you'll be doing the same!
Your sweet peas are beautiful, and how lovely they have gone on flowering for so long. Great to hear your daughter will be coming for a visit soon. Enjoy your weekend and your lovely flowers. xox
Hi! Your sweet peas are so pretty. I love them but read they were poisonous to dogs and my dog eats everything so I don't try to grow them. What fun it will be when your daughter visits! Nancy
Sweet peas are such a favourite. If I bend near enough to your pretty posy, I sure I can almost smell them.
I remember my Granny loved Sweet peas! It was one of her favorite little flowers. Your selection is so beautiful and dainty in the vase. I'm sure you had a grand time with your daughter!
As you can tell, I am playing catch up around the blogosphere. Autumn is flying by and it's been too busy for my liking. {{hugs}}
Post a Comment