Sunday, 19 November 2017

Thank you.



Thank you all so much for the thoughtful comments and the messages that I received after my husband's fall. I was very grateful for the care and kindness.
He is getting better, but the shock has set him back and it is a slow recovery. Our Dr is doing some blood tests this week and it may mean a change of medication.

Don't you admire the beautifully written card above? How often do we take time to hand write messages nowadays?
With the reliance on mobile phones I do wonder if the art of writing will die out over the next century or so.

The days are getting colder here, but it has brought out our families of Goldfinch and Bluetits, who are munching their way through pounds of bird food.
We love to watch them.

16 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Oh, Elizabeth. Your post brought such a smile to my face despite the none-too-brilliant news on your husband. Such lovely pleasures - handwritten letters and visits from bluetits and goldfinches. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, I pray that the change in meds will help your husband to feel better. It takes a long time to recover from a fall. Our weather is colder too. I miss the summer's butterflies, but like you two, we are enjoying a variety of birds. God bless you both.

Anonymous said...

Oh so good to read that he is getting better :) it is slow going... Having you in my prayers dear lady...

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad your husband is on the mend even though recovery is slow. I love handwritten letters and I mean to get back to my writing desk soon.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

I'm so happy to hear your husband is doing a bit better, one day at a time.
Handwritten notes are definitely becoming a thing of the past, I used to write lots of them when I was in my youth. Now it's e-mails. They have removed cursive writing from the curriculum in the schools here. I don't know if it's all or some of the schools. How sad is that.

Hope your week goes well, Kelly.

Cheryl said...

Praying that your husband continues to improve from this setback. Praying for strength for you.

Carolien said...

Dear Elizabeth,

Good to read that your dear husband is getting better, bit by bit.
I wish you both a good week and lots of birds to enjoy!

Love, Carolien

Elderberry-Rob said...

good to know hubby is getting plenty of care. I love letter writing - infact I have three penpals on the go via blogging! I wish my writing was neater though.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

It is true that the days of letter writing especially in cursive are just about history. I'm glad that you are comforted by all of the well wishes during your husband's fall. It is fun to watch the birds come at winter to enjoy the feast you set out for them!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I do love to send and receive a hand written card or letter. I am glad your husband is recovering, shocks are hard to the system and I pray that he will regain his bearings, and that the medication change will be a good one.

I hope you are enjoying the oncoming Christmas season!

Helen Philipps said...

I love seeing other people's beautiful handwriting....though wish my own was nicer! So sorry to hear about your husband's fall and sending lots of well wishes. I love to watch the birds too, such a pleasure to see them at our bird table xox

Lorrie said...

Handwritten cards and letters are so lovely, and becoming rarer. I know that I am guilty of not writing nearly as often as I once did.
I'm glad to hear your husband is recovering, albeit slowly, after his fall. It seems that things take longer to heal as we get older.

ellen b. said...

Praying as I type for healing and peace for your husband and you. I do hope that handwritten correspondence will continue...

Anne Payne said...

I wonder if more people don't write handwritten notes because of painful inflammation in their hands. It seems to be something that plagues many folks now days, me included. I do like the thought of writing to someone, using patterned stationery, holding a delicate pen, and finding a pretty stamp to put on the envelope.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Elizabeth, it will be lost in the US - the schools have stopped teaching handwriting! Isn't that crazy?! I hope your husband continues to improve.

Astrids dragon said...

I hope by now your husband is doing better, one day at a time.
In the Catholic school that Nathan attends, they are still teaching cursive and I hope he continues to use it. He just wrote his thank you cards for his birthday, but I still have to write mine!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...