Gently moving towards a Christmassy home.
My Candle wreath comes out at Advent, it's one that we bought thirty years ago in Liberty's in London.
No rushing, no frantic doings.
My husband, who is only slowly recovering from the falls he had, followed by a chest infection, needs to have slow, calm days with no feeling of hurry.
But that's what Advent should be.
My cards will be posted later today and there is still time for them to arrive, even the ones to people living abroad. I hope.
13 comments:
I think as we age we do need no rushing. I know I do.
God bless you and your husband. I love the quilt you made. We no longer are up to decorating for Christmas. We do enjoy driving around town and enjoying others' pretty/colorful decor.
I love a slow pace at Christmas time. What a beautiful quilt.
I'm waiting on my daughter to send the digital photo file so I can get my cards made!
What a lovely display, Elizabeth! I love sweet quiet decorations as you shared!
A "no rush" Christmas is the right thing. Praying for your husband's recovery and grace for you both.
That's a good 'pace' for Advent, dear Elizabeth. Your wreath and quilt look wonderful! Have a good time together and please wish your husband well from me. I hope he will recover soon.
Hugs, Carolien
Sounds like a good pace to me! Hope your husband feels better soon.
Lovely! Such a pretty quilt and the wreath is perfect
Prayers for your hubby's recovery
Phoebe x
There's such peace and acceptance in your words. Beauty, too. Time to enjoy life as it is. Our home is also being decorated slowly.
I do hope your husband is healing. I love the quilt. It is cheerful and bright. I am lagging in the decorating. I'll get to it this weekend. Not in a hurry this season.
We're going slow around here, too. Fun to have pieces from over the years. I need to get a move on with those cards! Hope you have a nice peaceful weekend.
Gentle and quiet- sounds like a perfect Advent journey x
Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your husband's problems! I do trust he will feel better and that 2018 will be a much healthier year. God bless you both!
Post a Comment