When my mind goes blank, and I have nothing to write about, the best thing is to go and look for some pretty things.
These beautiful Iris were a gift, and they are lasting so well. I have never been able to grow them successfully.
Out in the garden (again) a little clump of golden daffodils blazes from a corner. I do like the smaller varieties.
Here's a tiny gentle pale pink primrose which has settled itself in the grass.
....and a Rosemary plant, taken from a cutting.
Now it is in full flower, and doesn't seem to mind having bits cut off it to go with whatever I'm cooking.
Gazing at plant catalogues keeps my mind looking ahead to better weather, when it might be dry enough to think about plants in the flower beds.
I have tiny Sweet pea shoots appearing in the pots on my kitchen windowsill. It may be too warm for them now they have started to grow, so they will have to go in the greenhouse.
Sweet peas are something that I always have in my garden, come what may.
Are you finding time to think about Spring and Summer gardens?
9 comments:
Your flowers are beautiful! I was delighted to discover that my daffodils and tulips are beginning to sprout. We also have some vegetable and flower plants we have started from seeds growing inside. It helps me remember that spring is not too far away, despite all of the snow we have today.
you have lots going on for Spring, your rosemary is lovely. I have some mini daffodils sprouting here and there. My hanging basket gave a continuous display of cyclamen all through the Winter and has just given up - it did well. W
Oh Barbara...how wonderful to look at your daffodils blooming! here in the mountains, snow is still visiting :/
I am planning to do quite a bit of work in my 'cottage garden' this year. I have things that self seed and have gotten out of hand, so I need to be ruthless and move them or give them away. I'll feel better having tamed this space and I think it will be good for the plants, too! I love seeing your signs of spring!
I DO have my seed packets ready but I'm waiting for a soft dirt day. Your photos are VERY cheering!
What beautiful flowers, my friend. Your pictures brought a smile to my face and they were just the thing I needed to see on this dreary day. Hugs to you!
I am thinking about Spring. Those irises are very pretty. I enjoy the smaller variety of daffodils, too. Hope you have a good weekend.
Beautiful flowers....I’m thinking of spring too. Lovely that you have sweetpea shoots...I always have them in my garden too and look forward to them, xox
Your clump of Daffodils is amazing. Yellow is such a cheerful colour.
I grow both annual and perennial Sweet Peas. The perennial have, unfortunately, no scent; but they come up faithfully every Spring. Last year I sowed pure white (annual) Sweet peas and I think I'll keep on doing so because the white bouquets were just right.
Post a Comment