Thursday, 3 May 2018

The great exchange!

Once again I took part in Stephanie's Cup and Mug Exchange. It's such a fun thing to do, and I so enjoy choosing things for my partner.
I received this box of exquisitely wrapped packages yesterday.
Each one was tied with a different colour ribbon.


Tonia, from Allthingzsewn blog sent me such a delightful selection of good things.
You can see the handfuls of ribbon there!
I have never seen a mug quite like this one, it resembled a little blue plantpot with a saucer.
With it came such a generous pack of coffee, some pretty blue and white fabric, a charming patchwork holder, a sweet lace mat and even more little things.


The mug even has its own little spade (coffee spoon)!
What lovely things friends find to send.

For my partner I selected things with a William Morris theme.
A mug, with a teabag saucer both in a Morris design.
Various teas, including some grown in Cornwall, and some soaps from France with a little swishy thing (no idea what one calls it)

Thanks to Stephanie who organises this so well each year.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your pretties. The ones you received and the ones you gave. I have participated in Stephanie's exchange before; it's great fun. Enjoy everything!!!

Debbie Harris said...

Such a lovely gift package you received as well as sent off.
How very pretty each little gift was wrapped and tied with a different colored ribbon. Very nice!

Lorrie said...

Lovely packages given and received. It's fun to receive something in the mail!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a lovely gift of treasures to enjoy. I must say I loved the sweet pile of ribbons ... your friend and I must share similar interest in ribbon colours and combos. I'm so pleased for your pleasure. Bren xox

bayou said...

Hello Barbara, so nice to see the two delightful selections! I can't even say which one I like best but the gardener's mug is certainly one of a kind :-). Happy Maydays to you both, we are in 'Mayhem' and amidst packing and writing more lists, our spirits are high :-))).

ellen b. said...

Lovely boxes for the tea/coffee exchange. How fun to send and receive these.

Sarah said...

I liked seeing the first picture of how everything was so beautifully packaged! Both gifts, sent and received, were so thoughtful. The gardening mug set is adorable!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Lovely gifts!

Pondside said...

What a lovely box to find in the mail! I remember that particular exchange with fondness. You will use all of those things with such pleasure.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a gorgeous package!! Such a darling unique mug too!!! I love the theme you chose too for your new friend, beautiful!! Isn't this tea exchange so much fun!!!

Anne Payne said...

I love the mug!!! I've not seen one quite like that either. It's so cute! Tea grown in Cornwall? I had no idea! I bet it is delicious. Love, my friend!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...