Sunday, 8 July 2018

Summer garden.


So much to enjoy in a Summer garden.
Do you like green flowers? I love them and this patch of Nicotiana has done very well. The sweetness of its scent permeates the sun room, as it is planted just by the doors.


I thought my Peace rose had finished, but here is another lovely flower about to open.

A magazine came with a free pack of Sunflower seeds, a variety called Velvet Queen. She is spectacular.
 My Summer garden is never complete without pots of all sorts full of Geraniums, Petunias and Diascias.

A little drift of pink Cosmos sways in the breeze. In our French garden we used to watch a tiny mouse run up the stems to the seed heads!

And finally, a tiny vase of Sweet peas, scenting my kitchen very beautifully.

13 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful . . . you certainly have a green thumb:)

Anonymous said...

My dear friend, what a lovely garden you have. Flowers bring us so much joy...don't they?...enjoy your day :)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Your flowers are all so beautiful and that sunflower is spectacular....you sure do have a green thumb.

elizabeth said...

very nice!!! I love gardens!!! the flowers are lovely!!!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Absolutely lovely! That sunflower is such a gorgeous colour and I really like the green nicotiana.

We haven't any sweetpeas in the garden this years -- will you take a sniff for me?

Carolien said...

Oh your garden looks so lovely with all the flowers! Enjoy!

Love, Carolien

Elderberry-Rob said...

Your sunflower is magnificent and I didn't know nicotiana came in greens - it's beautiful. Everything is very lush, my garden is dried up and brown although I have a nice tub and baskets, a half dead night scented jasmine I repotted is rewarding me with new leaves and coming back to life.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your garden is lovely, in spite of the heat you're having this summer. I had nicotiana in the garden at our old house. I had forgotten about it.

Pom Pom said...

Flower season is happy season, isn't it? YOURS are gorgeous!

bristowmom said...

So many beautiful flowers! I like the unique color of the sunflower, and how wonderful that the seeds were free

Boyett-Brinkley said...

gorgeous flowers!

Sandra said...

Hi Elizabeth!Your garden is beautiful !I don't know green flowers. I have plants with no flowers. I like green, so I think green flowers are beautiful too.

Cheers, Sandra xXx

Connie said...

I have never seen a Velvet Queen sunflower, it's very stunning. I love sunflowers, they are one of my favorite things about summer, like watermelon, fresh tomatoes and cold ice tea :) I hope you are having a very sweet summer day :)

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...