Thursday, 1 November 2018

A bit of stitching.

All of a sudden I'm finding that stitching is becoming easier and more enjoyable. I have sewn all my life, but the last few years seem to have dissipated most of my creative energy.

However, little Christmas gifts are being started, and in some cases finished. I have so much fabric that I am not tempted to buy any....well not very much. I'm actually more tempted by ribbons, lace and bows to trim things with. 

Red gingham bows and roses seem a very Christmassy way to trim little sewn things.


Two little girls, grandchildren of my closest friend, will, I hope, be delighted with their small patchwork bags. Maybe I'll find some 'gold' chocolate coins to go in them.




The Patchwork squares wall hanging for a friend is done apart from
 finding a rod on which to hang it. I hope she will like it, it is for her new studio that she has had built in the garden.

It's comforting to find my energy reviving!

21 comments:

Daisy Debs said...

Lovely handmade gifts ! I love the Maritime wall hanging :) I was going to begin writing Christmas cards today ..but awoke with such a dreadful cold I haven't been able to do anything :(

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

I’m so pleased for you, to rediscover pleasure in a past time can be so rewarding. I love the lace added to the little hearts, finishing touches make things even more special xx

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I'm so pleased your energy is reviving! That's so important to truly enjoying our lives. Your creativity is breaking out all over and it's lovely. Oh my! I love your nautical patchwork piece. And those little hearts and bags are so sweet!

I'm glad you shared with us...
Brenda xox

ellen b. said...

Very nice creations. Cute patchwork bags and the wall hanging is lovely. I like the colors. Happy November to you!

Frugally challenged said...

They are brilliant - and you say you are out of practice!

Angela said...

These are lovely. I still treasure the patchwork cushion you made me nine years ago !

Gina said...

Elizabeth, Oh such beautiful handiwork! Those that receive such treasures will surely be overjoyed! xo

Terri said...

Very nice! I especially like the wall hanging. I’m glad you are finding enjoyment in creating gifts.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Very nice stitching! Those bags are sweet, and just right for little girls! The wall hanging is wonderful too!

Sarah said...

Your Christmas sewing looks beautiful, and festive. I love handmade gifts. To receive something handmade is such an expression of love, since there was personal time invested. Your quilt is perfection! The nautical theme looks wonderful with the red edging and striped border.

Lorrie said...

Your projects look wonderful. I know that feeling of ebbing creativity. I hope to experience the joy of its return, as well. Like you, I've begun a few stitching projects for Christmas. The wall hanging is lovely and sure to be treasured by your friend, as well as the bags by the little girls.

Elderberry-Rob said...

how lovely to see you sewing again, the bags are delightful for young girls. Hope you keep going.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you're finding joy in stitching again. I'm not surprised either...stitching for others always brings joy. Your gifts are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Everything is just beautiful dear lady :) They are sure to enjoy them...gifts that come from the heart are so valued :)

mamasmercantile said...

Such beautiful gifts made with love and hopefully will be treasured. I love to look for trims, the embellishments set the stage for the style.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Such beautiful handwork - what a joy to have found your creative vibe again!
I love your patchwork!
The bags for the little girls are very sweet and your friend will be over the moon when she has that beautiful wall hanging in her studio!
All made with such love which shows through on your post.
Love Shane xxx

elizabeth said...

I am so very very glad to see this!!! that you have had the energy/strength to do something you love!!! I am behind on blogs and reading but have been rejoicing with you in your progress! love and prayers, in Christ, Elizabeth

Cheryl said...

I am so happy that your energy is returning and that you are finding joy in creating! I am certain that the recipients will find joy in receiving these lovelies!

Amelia said...

Lovely work. The little girls' bags are darling and chocolate coins will be perfect. : )

I saw your comment on Debbie's blog and thought I would come by to say hello.

Blessings to you! ~Amelia

Connie said...

I am delighted to hear that your energy is reviving. I went through a sluggish spell last Spring . . . it sucks when you love doing things but your body just doesn't want to get going. You have made so many lovely gifts and they are all made with love and kindness. Homemade is always the very best. I love the fabric in your quilt, too . . . she is going to love it.
Have a sweet day dear friend,
Connie :)

Lilbitbrit said...

Such beautiful work and reflects where you live.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...