Monday, 19 November 2018

Happy news

When friends ask me where my children live, they are surprised to find that two of them live abroad, son in Australia and daughter in Canada.
This month half have come home!

My daughter has lived in Canada for over twenty years, working at the University in Vancouver. My grandson has just finished his degree, and the time came for them to return to UK.

It's so exciting, seeing their little car stop by most days, popping in for tea, to do a bit of shopping, or just to discuss what the next plan is.

Ably assisted by her brother who lives locally and is a fount of all knowledge, they have rented a very nice newish apartment, and the next step is to partly furnish it whilst waiting for their furniture to be shipped.

So much to look forward to.

15 comments:

Sara said...

How exciting to have your daughter back home again, in close visiting distance!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a blessing 😊😊

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh my, how exciting! I'm so happy for you! xox

ellen b. said...

So so happy for you!

Jenny said...

Oh I am so happy for you to have them close by! It seems a rare thing for children to stay close to their parents these days. I am very happy that I do have my son & his family near me. I see my son every workday morning when he brings my grandson to stay with me during the day, then my sweet daughter-in-law when she comes to pick him up. It makes for full happy days.

Cheryl said...

Oh, I know you must be ecstatic! I know how I felt when my son and his family returned to our state after eight years away! I am so happy for you!

Angela said...

So happy for you all. May this Christmas be especially blessed as you can celebrate as family together x

mamasmercantile said...

I am thrilled for you such happy news indeed.

hazel c UK said...

I am so pleased for you. My daughter is about 10 minutes drive away and my son is 90 minutes away. My grandson is about 2 hours
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hazel c uk

Terri said...

I'm so happy for you! What a joy to have children nearby. Enjoy every minute you get with them.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am so happy for you all! This is going to be such a good Christmas!

Jenny said...

What wonderful news! Family is such a blessing! Enjoy every little minute my friend! I am just so happy for you!

bayou said...

Hello Barbara,

what fabulous news, indeed! Now Christmas can come for you, oh happy days.Sending lots of love and best wishes from not so far ;-)

Lorrie said...

This is wonderful news, Barbara. I knew it was in the works, and am so glad that you have your daughter and grandson so much nearer to you. I hope they settle in well, and that their shipment arrives soon.

bristowmom said...

Oh,this IS happy news! I am so happy for you!!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...