Monday, 18 February 2019

Camellia


Just a few blooms from one of my Camellias.
I love the way it looks as though there is a splash of white paint randomly on the petals.
Cornwall is a county where Camellias grow profusely.
I think almost every garden has one or more.



The packs of seeds were swept up by my daughter in law who wanted to try something different in her garden.

17 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

fabulous camelias, I have never grown one, would like to - they are spectacular

Sandi said...

They are pretty!!

Mary said...

I hope your daughter has a great harvest come summer - and you will get to share in the veggies!
My two large camellias are also blooming profusely right now - more red, but my neighbor has a huge shrub with flowers colored like these. Where they hang over the fence between us I snip a few off for a vase now and then!!!!!! He doesn't mind!

Jenny said...

They are just lovely!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful such a lovely colour.

Lorrie said...

Beautifully coloured camellias.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Just lovely!

elizabeth said...

these are so pretty!!!! I love them!!!

Rambler said...

My Camellias are plain pink, but at least I have a small Rose bush that produces a deep pink rose with white paint splashes instead! So pretty, aren't they?

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

How lovely that Camellias love Cornwall. They must add so much beauty and joy to your garden and life. I like how you described yours … petals with paint spills on them.

Wishing you a beautiful day...
Brenda xox

ellen b. said...

We had two Camelia bushes that did very well in the Seattle area. I don't think they'd do as well at our Country Bungalow. I like the shade of pink of yours. Glad those seeds are going to be used. Happy Tuesday to you, if it's not over yet.

Carolien said...

Your camellia flowers are special indeed, thanks for showing them!

Big hugs across the pond and all the best for you and Malcolm. I hope he is recovering well!!!

Carolien

Astrids dragon said...

So beautiful. I'm happy that our hibiscus is blooming as much as it is.

Anonymous said...

Simply lovely, Barbara! xo

Cheryl said...

Soooo pretty! Hope these lovely blooms brighten your daughter-in-law's garden!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Camelias are among my favourite flowers.

Debbie Harris said...

Splendid indeed!
Makes me think of spring as it's just around the corner.

Have a blessed day ♡

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...