Tuesday, 2 April 2019

Small happenings.

Days go by, one by one.
It would be easy to moan that 'nothing ever happens in my day'
But in fact, little things make a day worthwhile.
Carers who come in and make my husband laugh.
A physiotherapist who has just organised daily physio for the next six weeks.
My pots of tulips, opening little by little, lovely soft colours.

The beginning of blossom on the apple tree. This is remarkable, as when we came here the previous owners had pollarded the poor thing. We have diligently nurtured it, fed it, pruned it over six years, and last year it had a few first apples. Maybe this year we will have more. 

My daughter starting a super new job next week.
(I'm altering clothes for her......)
Sunshine during the last week meant that two of our carers were able to take my husband in his wheelchair for a little tour around our garden. Since he hasn't been outside since January this was a huge milestone.
Primroses, all over the garden, regularly splashed by bathing blackbirds.
Seedlings in the sunroom and in the Greenhouse. 
Hope for the coming Summer.
 Tiny little Nicotiana and Orlaya.
 Tomatoes, Sunflowers and sweet peas.
Sweet peas, (and oddly, one stray French bean?)with a wonderful pale pink Geranium that has flowered all Winter.
So, things do happen, after all!

15 comments:

Lynn said...

I understand what you are saying. Sending love to you both x

Sandi said...

The small things are the big things. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes they do dear friend! What a blessing that is :)

Granny Marigold said...

Apple blossoms are so delicate and lovely, hopefully also productive this year.
The Tulips are gorgeous and that light pink Geranium!! I have a white one that has bloomed all winter but it is very tall and straggly. In a month or so I'll take cuttings and cut the poor thing down.
Yay for your daughter's new job!!

Mary said...

So pleased to hear of your daughter's new job - don't know what she does but I'm certain they are lucky to haver her! Nice you can do alterations - I know she'll be so grateful to have her mum's expertise with the needle getting her all ready for work. Wishing her good luck.

Lovely tulips and geraniums - and hubby getting a garden tour after being housebound for a while due to the colder days was good news.

Let's enjoy these small but special moments!
Hugs -

Sandra said...

Beautiful flowers. Have a happy day.

mamasmercantile said...

Thrilled to read your hubby has been able to get our a little. It is so good that you are seeing little things in life to make you smile. I try to find something positive everyday too.

Connie said...

I love that you look for the beauty and loveliness in each day. I've never had trouble with that, but now that my Steve is so sick, it is sometime a struggle. You, sweet friend are a ray of sunshine and encouragement.
Thank you and God bless you.
Connie

Anonymous said...

Barbara, I think those small happenings are EVERYTHING! What joy these small moments must bring you! xo

Lorrie said...

It's the small, everyday happenings that take on much significance when we take the time to look for them, as you have done here, and shared with us. How exciting for your daughter to have a new job. I hope she's enjoying being back in the UK.

Anne Payne said...

Sometimes we have to look for the small things in our day that bring us joy. I'm convinced life is made from 'small moments'. :-)

ellen b. said...

Wonderful happenings in your garden and in this new season. It's been so good to be able to go outside and do a little work now that the snow has all melted off.

Cheryl said...

Indeed, little things do make a day worthwhile. We simply need to notice them. Good noticing on your part! :)

elizabeth said...

I am so happy to hear about your Husband's trip to the garden... lots is going on for you all and progress is happening!! Sending you love and our prayers!!! I love your garden!!!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Glad your husband has been in the fresh air, sweet peas are so lovely i am going to try some in pots this year.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...