I hope this isn't the last rose of Summer.
Taken at the finish of August in all its loveliness.
This is a rose that we brought back from France some years ago. I believe she is available in England under another name.
Her name is Pullman Orient Express, not a very feminine name, but she makes up for it.
Now I have to start emptying my lovely pots of geraniums and getting them ready for Tulips.
The seasons change, the garden changes with them.
16 comments:
Beautiful rose!
What a beauty Barbara - is she fragrant also?
As I write the rain is torrential outside from Hurricane Dorian who is coming up the eastern seaboard. Tonight she may make landfall here in NC on our coast! Nervous of course as other big ones such as Fran in 1996 have come this far inland and we in Raleigh sustained severe damage!
Take care and enjoy your sweet corner of the southwest XX
Your flowers are so beautiful!
That is such a lovely rose(with a not so lovely name). I love the way the colour goes from yellow to reddish.
Oh that is a beautiful rose! I am thinking of you dear one ♡
Your garden is going to be very pretty, tulips will be lovely in summer.
Diana
That's one gorgeous rose! As I mentioned on my post this morning, I plucked the last roses from the Peace Rose yesterday. There are no more buds forming. But if the days stay warm, one never knows, we might see one or two new ones yet.
We're going to plant tulips in pots this fall. We never did that before, only a few in the garden where we don't mind the leaves drying up. Rick's getting them ready and we've been shopping for bulbs. Gives us something to look forward to.
Hope things are going okay for you and your hubby. Sending along a big hug... Brenda xox
That is such a beautiful rose, Barbara. Yes, the season's change and we need to do the same. I hope to do a little garden work this weekend. Hugs to you, Lorrie
Its freezing here, I put the heating on for the first time today. My geraniums are still going strong though.
Hi Elizabeth, That rose is gorgeous. I never thought about putting tulips in pots! When they are done blooming what do you do then? I am interested in trying that. Nancy
Hello dear Barbara,
That is a stunning rose! And yes, autumn is in the air. I constantly walk through cobwebs LOL I love the fresh air however ... Time to change pots indeed. I bought a new rose last week, mmm must show it soon.
Have a good weekend and uch love from across the pond,
Carolien
much of course ;)
Wow that is a pretty rose :) Goodness I still haven't emptied out my shabby looking Geraniums from last summer..I'm way behind in the garden department and now we are into Spring again.
You have a good touch in the garden for sure. Happy September to you!
That is a lovely rose, by any name! I'm going to follow Monty Don's example and do tulips in pots this year! I need to get mine ordered! What kind of tulips do you plant? Care to share any names?
Your roses are so spectacular! Mine have bloomed well this year but don't seem to last long and the 'bushes' are all kind of spindly. Not sure what I am doing wrong...or perhaps 'not' doing.
Post a Comment