Sunday, 12 January 2020

A new recipe


I've learned something recently.
I follow a lovely blog called A Joyful Chaos, written by Mary-Anne Kinsinger.
She writes charmingly about her life in Pennsylvania, her children and her husband, recalling many memories of growing up in a community.
They were formerly Amish, and she has written three delightful  books 'The Adventures of Lily Lapp', about a little Amish girl .

She mentioned recently that she was planning to make 52 pies over the coming year. Can there be 52 pies, I asked?
Apparently , yes.
Today's pie was called a BobAndy pie, which intrigued me highly. I researched it and found that the story goes that a farmer took a bite and said .......
.....it was just as good as his two plough horses...Bob and Andy!
It sounds delicious, cinnamonny and sweet. 
Maybe I should try it?


14 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Let us know if you make it and whether it is good. The idea of doing something 52 times ie once a week for a year sounds like a good plan. I probably should try a new recipe of some kind each week and thus prevent being an "if it's Monday it must be jacket potatoes" sort of cook which I mostly am.

Elderberry-Rob said...

52 pies is quite a challenge. Love the story!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

That does look delicious! And what a fun story to go with it. Let us know if you take the plunge and make it.

Sandi said...

That's high praise!

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think I've ever had a pie I didn't like. I've never heard of Bob Andy pie though. It looks good. I love the idea of 52 weeks of.....

Anne Payne said...

I went over and read her blog post about the pie and it doesn't sound like it was a hit. Not sure I would waste my money on the ingredients. :-) Go for Chocolate Chip Cookies! haha

Jenny said...

What fun to bake a pie a week! I would love that. I'm not sure if I even bake a pie every year since my husband can't eat them.

Lorrie said...

I like pie, but 52 weeks of it, even in 52 flavours, would have me craving something else.

Peggy said...

Ooh, sounds delicious (I googled it too). But even more intriguing is discovering that Mary-Ann is still blogging. I used to enjoy her blog, but thought she had quit.

mamasmercantile said...

I have never come across this particular pie but I must admit I am a great fan of a pie sweet or savoury.

ellen b. said...

Fun story to go with that good looking pie. The Amish really enjoy pie!

Cheryl said...

If I made a pie every week . . . well, I can tell you who would eat the most. Nope. Can't do that! But that pie sounds pretty good! Do tell if you make it!

Terri said...

The pie looks delicious and sounds yummy too!

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing this blog link. I purchased those books for my granddaughter and she loved them :) The pie sounds wonderful too !

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...