Now that my tulips have just about finished I had to search for flowers to put in the sitting room.
These are just a couple of branches from a vibrant magenta coloured Azalea.
It's somehow rather Japanese l.ooking
The bush was here when we bought the house, perched on the edge of the garden by the road. Every year it blazes its colours forth, and people stop to look at it.
The first Rose of Summer is always Darcy Bussell.
She is a deep velvety red, with a slightly citrussy scent.
Her flowers will get larger as the season continues.
Those are my garden bits for today.
Stay safe.
14 comments:
Lovely! I have a few Christmas roses in a paste pot as my garden bouquet. I found them whilst weeding a very overgrown area in the garden where it adjoins the wood!
Beautiful colors! It's rather encouraging to see how everyone's gardens are blooming and growing. A happy sight and spirit lifting.
What a beautiful rose, such a lovely colour.
What a lovely rose to be named after such a graceful dancer
When I looked at the picture of your lovely rose for a moment I thought I got a whiff of its delicate scent.
Ooooo...thank you for these delightful sightings of your garden. The Darcy Bussell would be a favourite for me--what a rich colour. And that bush is a wonder to behold. No wonder your neighbours stop to admire. It's a sensation.
Oh these are all so beautiful! My azalea is very similar but not quite as pink.
Lovely bouquet from your Azalea. That's a hardy bush for sure. I miss my azaleas from our former home. Hope all is well in your corner of the COVID-19 world...
the azalea is spectacular, wonder if you can take cuttings to grow more.
My Azaleas have grown so much better this year - I wonder if it was as a result of all that non-stop rain we had.
One in particular was a very small, insignificant plant, overshadowed by a flourishing Honeysuckle. Yesterday, it took me over an hour to untangle that bully of a honeysuckle (a wild one with no scent) to expose the beauty of a beautiful. deep pink azalea like yours. It's HUGE!!!
Beautiful flowers.
God bless.
When I lived in US's Pacific Northwest, I had azaleas and rhododendrons in my garden. Your photos brought back wonderful memories. Although camellias don't usually do well in Southern California, the ones in my garden are doing ok. Lots and lots of blooms this year because of the abundant rain we've had.
I read your posts on Capt. Tom. What a sweet thing to do!
Stay well!
Your azalea is gorgeous! I clipped a few azalea branches for our Easter table. We were in between blooms (daffodils and quince gone, lilacs and peonies not ready), and they served quite nicely.
Your azalea is so beautiful!!! bright, cheery! God bless you!
Post a Comment