Thursday, 9 April 2020

Blossoms


Blossom time in the garden.
It does my heart good to see these buds unfurling on the Crab 
apple tree.


The Cherry tree is just beginning and will soon be a sea of pink.
I wait for it each year.
This is a tree that I planted a few years ago. I feel I have added something to our landscape with it

Finally, my cushion of Pasque flowers, the Easter flower.
This is a little different from the deep purple ones I had in France, but still lovely.

We have been watching a couple of Bluetits going in and out of the nest box, taking a little moss each time, so there is hope of a nest being made.
Little delights!

16 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Our ornamental cherry has blossomed and gone over and our apple is not yet ready but how lovely to see your photo of the crrab apple I could almost smell the blossoms. I don't however have any of the Pasque flowers. We have been watching a robin whizzing backwards and fowards to what must be a nest in our hedge - we have to take care not to step out of the conservatory door into his flight path or we might both come a cropper he goes so fast and low!

Cheryl said...

Our next door neighbor has a cherry tree, and yes, we wait for it to bloom each year! It is beautiful!

ellen b. said...

Love the blossoms on your trees. In our corner of the world the daffodils are just now opening up their blooms. I see buds on plants but now unfurling yet.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely photos, apple blossoms have a homey feeling, and a scent of being outdoors.

Sandi said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Awwww...that's lovely. So glad for these little hopeful glimpses of Spring.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I had a beautiful crabapple at my former home and I loved it — yours is lovely. Maybe I can plant another.

Pom Pom said...

Yay! I have to go out into the neighborhood for blossoms. They are lovely! I love your garden! I saw nest makings in our Kelli's bluebird boxes.
God be with you, friend.

Anonymous said...

Barbara, it is those little delights that cheer our hearts! Love all your beautiful blooms! xo

Jackie said...

I go out every day to check out cherry trees and our pear tree. Right now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they all survived the winters cold.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

I admire the colour of your Pasque flower. I have a similar one but very small. I also have a purple one which is easier to grow ( I'm assuming since it's doing so much better than the red one).
I had a white one once but it is no more.

Linda Baker said...

Beautiful! The simplest things often bring the greatest joy. I hope you and your husband have a glorious Easter.
Blessings, Linda

Lorrie said...

Our apple and apricot trees are just beginning to develop buds. Such a delight. An ornamental cherry tree would lift any garden - it's one of my wishes!

Mary said...

Love the crabapple and cherry blossoms Barbara.
Sending love and blessings for a quiet but happy Easter - I think you may be getting very warm weather!

Warm hugs to you both - Mary & Bob

mamasmercantile said...

Stunning, the blossom is a real delight. Stay safe.

Sara said...

The blossoming trees are so lovely. Wishing you and your husband a blessed Easter.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...