A beautiful pied Woodpecker flew on to our feeder yesterday. This is a stock photo as my camera was nowhere near.
He was very hungry and tore away at the seeds.
It's the first time I've seen one since we came back to UK.
In France we regularly had a family of Woodpeckers on the feeders.
Patty's Plum poppy emerged from wherever she had been hiding and is mingling with the big pink poppy.
A small tearoom nearby is doing delivery meals three times weekly, as of course they are closed for anything else. We had a roast chicken lunch delivered, all packed carefully in plastic boxes, very hot. With two nectarines for a dessert!
There was almost too much for the two of us, so I put some chicken aside for sandwiches.
It's such a good idea and we like to support our local people.

15 comments:
How nice to have a tea in a box! That sounds cheerful!
Love the idea of having something from a tea room to go. Nice. I like the prints on your masks. 45...that's a lot. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Barbara, I would love to visit with you in your garden. Watching the woodpecker & birds and seeing your lovely flowers would be delightful! Your delivery meals were perfect! I wish they delivered to New Jersey USA! xo
The Woodpecker is beautiful. How lucky for you that he came to visit and hopefully will come again soon.
You certainly are keeping busy making masks that I'm sure are much appreciated by the recipients.
When the block woodpecker comes to visit us, he is usually pecking away at the power pole on the back corner of our property.
God bless.
what a lovely picture, we rarely see woodpeckers but hear them in the woods often. I think it's brilliant you have made so many masks for your carers. I have ordered some material and elastic to try it myself, I got the last four on my order from andkind.com and the mens size is now out of stock so will try copying the design for tommy and steve - jack has his to wear to work - have to wear on public transport but it seems sensible regardless of laws to do it anyway and in supermarkets too. I love the idea of the takeaway - our boys are going to treat us to a curry takeaway on Saturday - very excited!
Our woodpeckers are plentiful also - somewhat different in appearance perhaps, but several species are native here. They can be noisy, and they did peck holes so much around a backyard tree they killed it (it died overnight) and cost us a small fortune to have it taken down a few months back!
Poppies so pretty in two delightful shades of pink.
Your masks are awesome - elastic is hard to find here right now. Thankfully we don't require it for our school knickers like in the old days, haha!
Good luck to the tea room in these hard times - it's small businesses such as that who need help.
Hugs to you and M - Mary
We have woodpeckers here on our property. They are so pretty. Your poppies are looking wonderful. Such pretty colors!
So much loveliness in this post . . . that gorgeous woodpecker, a lovely lunch from a tea room (with enough for leftovers), the delightful poppies, and even the pretty patterned masks!
We have hummingbirds and quail and even hawks here.
On Saturday I sewed thirteen masks. Too many for one day! I need to manage my time better and not do them all on the same day.
What a treat to see your woodpecker. He's beautiful. And such a lovely sounding lunch from the tea room (even with leftovers for sandwiches). I love your frilly poppies--such what pretty colours.
I think we'll be needing our masks for a while yet. Happy sewing.
Thanks for this little glimpse into your world today.
Brenda xox
What lovely poppies you have in your garden. They complement each other very well. The take-out lunch from the tea room sounds delicious, and a welcome respite from cooking.
Your masks are in high demand, and probably will be for some time. We don't have to wear them unless we cannot social distance. Some stores require them, others do not. But Vancouver Island has been declared Covid-19 free as our last case was deemed cured recently.
Wishing you many more pleasing moments.
Your masks are awesome! :) xx
We have a Yellow Bellied Sapsucker who visits our feeder on occasion. He is huge! Lately, we've had an Indigo Bunting visit our feeders on the weekends. It's like he knows we're out there waiting on him. :-)
I wish we had a tea room nearby. Your masks are nice looking!
Oh your poppies are soooo beautiful. We do have a red one, which blooms. But I would love a pink one!
How wonderful to have take out from a local place.
Post a Comment