'Beautiful Soup, so rich and green....'
So wrote Charles Dodgson (Lewis Caroll) in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
It's that season, don't you think? When Autumn chills make you longfor a hearty bowl of soup. So when I saw bunches of fresh leeks at theFarm shop, I couldn't resist.
Leek and potato soup, with a little swirl of cream.
What could be more comforting?
(Why oh why does Blogger put a white background round some words???)
20 comments:
Looks delicioous!
*delicious
Yum! That looks delicious and, yes, comforting!
Blogger : I write my posts in word,and do spell checks etc. Then go "styles", select all, and tick Clear Formatting. Copy and paste that document into a New Post in blogger. Save, and do a preview. Where necessary, I change fonts, add bold/italics if needed, and drop in my pictures. That usually gets rid of the white background thing. It's fiddly but it usually works!
Looks delicious, it is certainly the time of year for tasty soups.
Very nice! Beautiful and soul cheering soup!
Onion soup with a big glob of cheese at the bottom and a mega hunk of crusty break with butter is nice as well.
Delicious, I only ever have home made soup now.
'Tis the season for hot soup and yours looks delicious.
A beautiful bowl of soup that would be delicious on these cooler autumn days. I have not had that particular problem with the new blogger - strange things happen.
that is a really lovely bowl of soup and dishes!!!! I love soup so much! for blogger, one thing I have noticed is that they often automatically put you in 'paragraph' mode and 'normal' is the one I need. Then everything has worked fine. Blogger's changes have been, at times, frustrating! Lovely post, as always! :)
Yum, I never had potato and leek soup until we visited the UK. Now I diligently search for a recipe that tastes as good as that we were served there. Yours looks wonderful.
God bless.
I love leek and potato soup but am ashamed to say I just get it out of a tin, certainly wouldn't be have as delicious as yours - wish I was your neighbour so I could pop round and have some with you :)
Looks delicious. I often make soup particularly since living in France where I never found a tinned or carton soup that we liked. I have the same Guy Degrenne china as yours too!
Did you accidentally change the text BACKGROUND COLOR setting when writing your text Barbara? It's the little brush symbol next to the TEXT COLOR. As your background is already blue, maybe you have checked white. Just a thought.
I've not had white boxes but then I do have a white background so doubtful they would show up.
Love your soup bowl and saucer and, like you, made leek and potato soup this past week - a big favorite here!
Mary x
Yummy! Soup is so nice when the weather starts to change.
The soup looks delicious! Sometimes Blogger puts the white boxes around text when you copy and paste. It has to do with the original code on whatever website you're getting your text from. If you delete it all and just type it in, it should not be white. Always double check in your HTML view to be sure and have all the other code deleted. If you know how to code (even simply) then you can adjust it too.
Barbara, it is so nice to visit you again! I needed a blog break for a few months and have recently returned. Your soup looks so delicious! I hope you and your husband have been well. Much love, Gina
(formerly Little Portion Cottage) now at Where the Wild Bee Wings
Oh yum. I would really enjoy those flavors in soup!
Your soup looks so yummy! The new Blogger is a bit of a pain some days, but hopefully we'll all sort it before too long -- hopefully the suggestions given above will help.
Hello Dear Elizabeth! It has been ever so long since I have had an opportunity to visit folks on "blogger"...your soup looks ever so yummy! Just perfect for a cool autumn day. I do so love a cup of soup and freshly made bread as the winter sets in here in Maine. We have had some exceptionally warm weather lately...for which I am so grateful.
Pray that you are doing well...you have inspired me to put a pot of soup on the cookstove! :)
Laura
Post a Comment